KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Weekend Box Office

Weekend Box Office
Started by: TheFanboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheFanboy
Boss Hogg

Weekend Box Office

How does everyone think Sin City will do in the box office this weekend. I think it will numbers similar to Kill Bill. I think it would be great if it broke 100 but I think it's unique style might scare some people off despite the good reviews and hype, just like Kill Bill.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:02 PM
TheFanboy is currently offline Click here to Send TheFanboy a Private Message Find more posts by TheFanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I'd say 40-50 million for Sin City

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:39 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFanboy
Boss Hogg

Total or you think that will be the opening? I have a feeling it will open between 15 and 20.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:45 PM
TheFanboy is currently offline Click here to Send TheFanboy a Private Message Find more posts by TheFanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Opening weekend.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:52 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

$28,122,000 is the estimate at comingsoon.net and they arnt ususaly off by too much.. and you gotta remember its rated R

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 08:28 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

Last I heard it made about $28 Million. That's cool. Right about on with what forumcrew just said.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 02:33 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Saw two movies yesterday. Guess Who? at the normal movie theater and Robots at IMAX. I had my fiancee and I's first two picks of the year with Assault and Hostage, so that explains these selections.

Guess Who? was harmless fun and predictable. Those descriptions go hand-in-hand. A little Meet the Parents 3, if you will.

Robots was a little above average, but I don't care if I'm watching a movie about someone mowing their lawn, IMAX is definately worth the extra $3 per ticket. Especially on a Sunday night when there were only 4 people in the whole IMAX theater.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

doesnt the Imax hurt your head? I like watching the filmsamde for Imax, but when i go to watch films that are just blown up on Imax film, i get head aches, and it looks crappy.

Is that just me? I saw star wars and matrix at imax and they were soterrible, especially during the fast paced action sequences, you oculdnt tell what was going on.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Maybe it's just cartoons. I haven't seen a non-animated feature film on IMAX.

40-minute featurettes specifically made for IMAX are better suited for the 6-story high screen than movies formatted for that purpose, I will agree, though.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:53 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i saw matrix on imax and it looked fine better then fine actually it was amazing.. some people just cant handle imax (i used to work for the maryland science center and they have an imax) a lot of people cant take it

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 07:56 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote