KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best Mafia/Mob Film Of All Time

Best Mafia/Mob Film Of All Time
Started by: darthdumbledore

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthdumbledore
Movie Buff 123

Best Mafia Film Of All Time

Which film Would You Say Is The Bets Mafia Film In The World

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 02:52 PM
darthdumbledore is currently offline Click here to Send darthdumbledore a Private Message Find more posts by darthdumbledore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Goodfellas".

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 04:38 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i second that...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 05:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Godfather. Now that the obvious is out of the way, you can now close this thread, or ask what is the second greatest mafia film of all time. Godfather started it all and is still yet to be matched.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 05:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Obviously, people disagree. "Goodfellas" and "Godfather" both followed the same formula, but "Goodfellas" was a hell of a lot more gritty, and less dramatic. It doesn't get any seedier than Scorsese.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 05:44 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I totally agree, but I mean, godfather sterotyped an entire nationality. I think godfather was just an all around better film. The suspense in Godfather is unparallel to movies of its genre. The writing of both movies are just as good when you compare the final product. though the acting in Goodfellas is spectacular, I have to give the edge to Godfather. I have seen both movies upteen times and there are scenes from the Godfather that will stay with me forever from the way they were presented from the actors, however that may be due to writing.

If you look at it from another persepctive. Godfather may be the grandaddy of all mafia flicks because of the subject matter. Godfather told a story that introduced you to the mafia and told it's history through a family. Goodfellas told a story about a guy who happened to be a gangster.

as for goodfellas being more gritty, i dont know that i would say that. It was obviously more of a ruthless flick, but the violence was apart of the story. Where as in Godfather, the violence was an extension of the character. In goodfellas, the violence was a character in itself, and its name is joe pesci smile lol

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 17th, 2005 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 06:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sk8stuff09

"the hitman"

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 08:10 PM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You mean the Chuck Norris movie? laughing out loud

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Apr 17th, 2005 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 08:24 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Godfather, part 1 and 2.

I've never liked Goodfellas. It just really seemed boring to me. Plus, Joe Pesci is irritating, to me. And I really liked The Untouchables. Quite possibly the only movie I've ever seen Kevin Costner act in where he didn't look totally uncomfortable.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 08:49 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think i am the only person who though the untouchables was terribly boring movie. for the record...kevin costner kicked ass in prince of thieves.

I think the top 5 mafia flicks for me are

godfather I&2 (they go hand in hand)
goodfellas
once upon a time in America
sicilian
Carlito's way

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 17th, 2005 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 08:52 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Goodfellas
Godfather Trilogy
Angels With Dirty Faces (all Cagney ones)
Scarface & Scarface('31)
The Funeral
Infernal Affairs Trilogy
Mean Streets
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Point Blank
Once Upon A Time In America
Donnie Brasco
Sonatine
Get Carter

I could go on, I love all the above, can't name one.

Well mafia/gangsters there.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 10:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wonder how no-one ever mentions "men of respect" as a top gangster movie...

for those of you who havent seen it...its an italian mobster re-enactment of the shakespere play "Macbeth"

and its crap... stick out tongue

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 11:21 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Scarface maynes

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 12:36 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Neither "Scarface" or "Carlito's Way" are mafia films.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 01:40 AM
moviejunkie23

scar face is about organized crime..its close enough
i say scar face as well

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:14 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFanboy
Boss Hogg

Gotta go with Godfather on this one,

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:40 AM
TheFanboy is currently offline Click here to Send TheFanboy a Private Message Find more posts by TheFanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
scar face is about organized crime..its close enough
i say scar face as well

Nnnnno..we're discussin' mafia movies, and there are plenty to be discussed without making substitutions. See what I'm getting at? Besides, "Scarface" was more about one persons rags to riches story.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 04:13 AM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I would have to say the movies "Godfather" and "Godfather part two" great mod movies ever made!jm thumb up

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 11:23 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scarface is counted as a gangster/mafia movie, so can be mentioned in here.

It is a mafia, because mafia now in films has been enlarged to include the likes of plot that Scarface is about.
Not just films like Godfather.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 01:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
The Godfather, part 1 and 2.

I've never liked Goodfellas. It just really seemed boring to me. Plus, Joe Pesci is irritating, to me. And I really liked The Untouchables. Quite possibly the only movie I've ever seen Kevin Costner act in where he didn't look totally uncomfortable.

couldnt agree more

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 02:32 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote