KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Why are these movies so popular?

Why are these movies so popular?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Why are these movies so popular?

all it is a a chick killing people with swords and excessive amounts of blood.....not very intresting...and why is it that normal people can do crazy flips and things......the whole concept is completly illogical.....if u want to see good action with a point (and a reason for why they can do all the crazy moves) then watch The Matrix Trilogy.....I find this movie complety pointless.....

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:12 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I rather be entertain watching a movie about a woman with a Katana slashing bad guys, than to watch a bunch of CGI and a cofusing ending in a movie like Revolutions. Does that help?

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Mar 31st, 2004 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 04:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I always considered QT his movies works of art, in ways of story, editing, camera work and soo much more they are never ment to look real or anything like that

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 04:50 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killthesunlight
Stark raving mad

With Tarantino the best way to describe it is a work of art. You dont ask questions about paintings that are surreal. so why with movies? the easist way to describe his films is pop culture, which is recyclying old films into modern day scenarios, so its regenerating films we've never seen or heard of. Its never ment to be real.

I feel like a heartattack with a hangover

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 11:27 PM
killthesunlight is currently offline Click here to Send killthesunlight a Private Message Find more posts by killthesunlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

its my first time to actually hop aboard onto the QT express, but his movies do respresent art. KB was actually the only movie I became intrested in.
((The_Anomaly))>hiya! big grin

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 09:19 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The matrix is all about a guy saving the world with crappy dialogue in between. But considering the story is almost the same as Dune's story line...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 07:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

never liked Dune

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 10:09 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killthesunlight
Stark raving mad

and the matrix flopped out at the end...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 01:00 AM
killthesunlight is currently offline Click here to Send killthesunlight a Private Message Find more posts by killthesunlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well they should have never made the last 2

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 08:36 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Reloaded was cool but it was relying on Revolutions to finish out the story for part 2 to be considered good, but Revolutions failed.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 12:48 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I rather be entertain watching a movie about a woman with a Katana slashing bad guys, than to watch a bunch of CGI and a cofusing ending in a movie like Revolutions. Does that help?

neo was turned into smith, but he was plugged by the machines, so they got smiths code or something

all smiddies died

neo did his part of the deal, so the machines and humans made peace

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:21 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

sauron his explination

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:25 PM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by killthesunlight
and the matrix flopped out at the end...

If you mean that it bombed in the box office there's no way in hell the last two flopped at all they still made some serious money. And I'm a big fan of The Matrix Trilogy so I thought all of them were seriously awesome.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 06:49 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well Solo it has been noticed in the past that movies that do well in the Box office aren't always good movies

nowadays movies are all about advertising and starts rather than actualy being good when it comes to the BO

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 07:26 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, haven't you every seen Armegeddon? It made lots of money but was horrible.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 07:31 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Myth I was thinking about have the disney flicks (not the animation movies but the real flicks) they suck and they bring in a lot of cash
like that ****ing free willy

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 07:34 PM
super pr*xy

or home alone...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:07 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

or Lord of the Rings! big grin

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:16 PM
killthesunlight
Stark raving mad

thank you guys for sticking up for me and understanding my point. It seems only the true QT fans knows what is good anyways...yes

Last edited by killthesunlight on Apr 4th, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:33 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

qt blows matrix out of the water anyway

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:36 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote