KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Brick

Brick
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

Brick

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:22 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Looks interesting. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt reminds me of a mini-Heath Ledger.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:27 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Looks interesting. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt reminds me of a mini-Heath Ledger.

Exactly what I was thinking on both statements.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:30 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have been looking forwards to this film for donkeys, can't wait for it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 01:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Seems somewhat noir-ish from the trailers I've seen. I've been meaning to see "Mysterious Skin" as well to get a feel for JGL.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 06:15 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Another promising trailer I viewed recently. I think this movie looks interesting and I'm definitely giving it a shot when it comes out.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 06:36 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Seems somewhat noir-ish from the trailers I've seen.

It's been described as 'teen noir', the film uses some of the language style from the old noir novels apparently.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I've been meaning to see "Mysterious Skin" as well to get a feel for JGL.

One of the best of 2005, IMO.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 06:33 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Manic is also a good film imo with the actor in.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 10:26 PM
Solo

I finally made my way downtown to go see this. Amazing, really, really enjoyed it.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 01:44 AM
echud12345six

I Saw A Trailer For This A LONG LONG Time Ago, I Think It Was Almost A Year Ago What Took Them So Long?

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:04 AM
echud12345six is currently offline Click here to Send echud12345six a Private Message Find more posts by echud12345six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You know, I actually tried to watch "Mysterious Skin" but was literally repulsed by it. Gregg Araki is just one ****ed up director.

Period.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 06:25 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by C-Dic
You know, I actually tried to watch "Mysterious Skin" but was literally repulsed by it. Gregg Araki is just one ****ed up director.

C-Dic, you do realise that you have a picture of a guy with a load of pins stuck in his face in your signature, right?

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's been described as 'teen noir', the film uses some of the language style from the old noir novels apparently.

Rian Johnson has said that it was inspired by his love of all things Raymond Chandler, but a lot of the slang used in the movie was his own invention.

Oh, and yeah...it looks like a cool movie.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:18 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

It didn't get the best reviews...but that's ok.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 02:25 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw it, liked it, buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:00 PM
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aww man.

I thought it was going to be about a brick.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:11 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.

Same here.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 10:02 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Saw it, liked it, buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.

August 8th, actually, so it looks like you'll have to. stick out tongue

Old Post May 25th, 2006 04:01 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
C-Dic, you do realise that you have a picture of a guy with a load of pins stuck in his face in your signature, right?

Of course, but there's a thick line between some harmless cranial accupuncture and a movie about male prostitution, explicit anal rape, forced male fellatio, and conjuring up some crazy abduction story to cover up a childhood of sexual abuse. If these are elements of what one would consider a favorite of last year, we're all doomed.

Like I said, Gregg Araki is one ****ed up director. Period.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 04:03 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah the date has changed since I last looked it up, the buggers!

Old Post May 25th, 2006 04:36 PM