KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Powerful Movie Scenes?

Most Powerful Movie Scenes?
Started by: LoneUnknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LoneUnknown
You filthy old soomka!

Most Powerful Movie Scenes?

I have a lot but the ones that come to mind are:
Gladiator: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." The acting by both Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix is amazing in that scene.
Munich: When Avner breaks down when talking to his daughter on the phone. Brilliant acting by Eric Bana.
Rocky II: The end scene where Rocky says, "Yo Adrianne, I did it!" Really inspiring scene.
Antwone Fisher: The "Who Will Cry For The Little Boy" scene. So moving. The acting by Denzel Washington and Derek Luke was so powerful.
The Matrix Reloaded: The speech Morphius gives to the people of Zion. Especially when he says, "Tonight, let us shake this cave. Tonight, let us tremble these halls of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make them remember, THIS IS ZION AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID!" Gives me chills.
Million Dollar Baby: When Maggie says, "Don't let 'em keep taking it away from me. Don't let me lie here 'till I can't hear those people chanting no more." I was sobbing by that part.
What about you guys?

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 07:18 PM
LoneUnknown is currently offline Click here to Send LoneUnknown a Private Message Find more posts by LoneUnknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm sure there was a thread like this before

anyway

the "magic cloak" scene from crash
the fire extinguisher scene from irreversible
the beer bottle scene from pans labirynth
the fog scene from life is beautiful

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 07:52 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

American Beauty: The final scene in which you see Lester dead, but with a smile on his face with his blood dripping off the counter.
K-Pax: The scene in which Prot breaks down when the memory of his friend's drowning is uncovered by hypnosis.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: The scene in which the Chief escapes the asylum, and a number of other scenes to boot.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 08:35 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Ok I have to throw in Empire Strikes Back " We can rule the Galaxy as Father and Son"
Oh and "of mice and men" when he shoots his brother

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 09:00 PM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

The final scene of Ikiru
The rain battle scene of Seven Samurai
Finale of Requiem for a dream
The ending scene of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
The tiger scene of Dersu Uzala
Ending of "Fireworks"
Flaming tower scene of "Ran"
Ending scene of Kagemusha
Ending of Cool Hand Luke
Ending of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
Cloak scene of "Crash"
Ending scene of "Seven"

That is all for now.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 11:41 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Is Kagemusha another name for Heaven and Earth

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:36 AM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Vin diesel reveales troubled past....fast and the furious smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
Is Kagemusha another name for Heaven and Earth

I honestly don't know.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:39 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Cronenberg's The Fly: The "I'm saying... I'm saying I - I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake." scene. To me that is Brundle losing all hope of ever being human again.

The Thing: Dog Kennel scene.

Blade Runner: Batty's death. Greatest ending to a movie in my opinion.

Rocky: When Stallone gets knocked down and Mick is telling him to stay down but he gets up to keep on fighting. The look on Creed's face and the music is powerful. Great scene.

Saving Private Ryan: Beach landing and when Hanks tells the squad what he does for a living.

Jaws: Chrissie Watkins opening death scene.

Bravheart: Many powerful scenes but one I always liked was "You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me."

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:52 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

I must agree The ending of" BladeRunner" he shows compassion.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:56 AM
The Hawk

Its always hard to pick out of so many, but with the original posters mention of Rocky...

Id like to say that theres a scene in Rocky II where Rocky goes to ask Mickey if he could have his locker back after supposedly retiring because of his bad eye. Mickey tells him his career is over. Anyway, you have to see it. Great scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4WWdGpSd3U

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:01 AM
The Hawk is currently offline Click here to Send The Hawk a Private Message Find more posts by The Hawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
I must agree The ending of" BladeRunner" he shows compassion.

One of the few movies that make me tear up. Especially that scene.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:04 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Some I think are worth mentioning;

The final stand-off in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'

Oh Dae Su trying to figure out why, and starting to prepare himself in his cell 'Old Boy'

Leon's confrontation with Stansfield in the end of 'Leon'

Reese's rant, and also the burned Terminator getting back up again in 'The Terminator'

The russian roulette torment and the effects on those involved in 'The Deer Hunter'

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 08:25 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

"English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 12:03 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by DanZeke25
"English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?"

It's a good scene. But powerful? I don't think so.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 01:57 AM
Dave_97
Party Dave

Equilibrium, When John Preston First starts to Feel, In that Basement room.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 02:22 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

There are so many movies like that I can't really decide right now.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 02:44 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Originally posted by Dusty
It's a good scene. But powerful? I don't think so.

It was a joke. laughing

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 07:11 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by dave_kodak
Equilibrium, When John Preston First starts to Feel, In that Basement room.

confused

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 07:35 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Constantine. When the Devil pulls the tar out of John's lungs.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 10:39 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote