KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Treasure Planet

Treasure Planet
Started by: pippy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pippy

Treasure Planet

Did any of you guys see the trailer to this movie? I totally forgot that I saw in when I went to see Spirited Away. I was pretty impressed with the animation for the movie. I have a soft spot for good Disney animation. I think this will be pretty good. Thoughts?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2002 11:18 PM
pippy is currently offline Click here to Send pippy a Private Message Find more posts by pippy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I think that I will see it...though i don't know if I shall make the effort to see it in the Theaters....I hadn't made the connection with the title that the movie was a remake of sorts from Treasure Island. It looks entertaining though and I do hope to see it once anyway

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 10:02 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I hate those movies Disney movies that mix CGI with regular cartoons.

It just doesn't look right.

Either do it all CGI or do it all with regular cartoonists.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 10:16 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

the current time is 3:00pm

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 10:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

What's that have to do with anything?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2002 05:39 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I agree with Lance. It's not even cartoons anymore. They do it all on computers.

And Disney movies are a bunch of music videos strung together.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 5th, 2002 05:08 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

lol

Yup.

I can go without musical's.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2002 05:16 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Bring me the old Disney movies: Pinochio, Robin Hood, Snow White.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 5th, 2002 06:12 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Sure those had music, but they are still classics.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2002 06:43 AM
pippy

I think you'll think differently when you see the trailer. It reminded me a lot of the kind of animation I saw in Beauty in the Beast. Do you guys ever check out the official websites for movies? I never checked them out till I heard about the Red Dragon site, which I highly recommend looking at. Now I look at them all. The Treasure Planet site is really cool too.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2002 11:50 PM
pippy is currently offline Click here to Send pippy a Private Message Find more posts by pippy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I haven't checked it out....perhaps one day I will...but I',m really only avioding the massive amounts of homework sitting on the end of my desk

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 03:36 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by pippy
I think you'll think differently when you see the trailer. It reminded me a lot of the kind of animation I saw in Beauty in the Beast.

I have seen the trailer, looks very stupid.

And Beauty & The Beast had a good story, but they should have stayed strictly to cartoon animation, not a mix.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 06:37 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

beauty and the beast is great.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 06:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I never said it wasn't.

I'm just pointing out the fact that the two mixed animations look weird. One minute everything is 3-D then the next it's all flat again.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 07:00 AM
pippy

Wow Lance - I thought Disney did a great job doing the animation for Beauty and the Beast. The ballroom scene was breathtaking. TP looks as if it's very story driven with the art to go behind it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2002 05:14 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I find those old Classic Disney films extremely disturbing.
Satan is in the animation.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2002 11:50 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

huh... classic disney is ok

Old Post Nov 18th, 2002 11:58 PM
pippy

Tex- judging from the image you selected for your signature box...I'm sort of confused. smile

OOoh..and I just found out that John Rzeznik is doing a song for the movie. I caught the video on VH1. He's so cute!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2002 03:22 PM
MickeyMouse

I love Treasure Planet. It's one of my favoret movies. I hope Disney makes a sequel to it or makes a TV shout of it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 02:59 AM
MickeyMouse is currently offline Click here to Send MickeyMouse a Private Message Find more posts by MickeyMouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

It didn't make too much money did it it cost alot to didn't it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 02:57 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote