KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » most controversial director

most controversial director
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
William Friedkin (The French Connection/Cruising/The Exorcist) 1 11.11%
Sam Peckinpah (The Wild Bunch/Straw Dogs/The Osterman Weekend) 1 11.11%
Brian De Palma (Sisters/Carrie/Dressed To Kill/Scarface) 0 0%
Oliver Stone (Salvador/Platoon/JFK/Nixon/Natural Born Killers) 3 33.33%
Takahashi MIIKE (Audition/Itchi The Killer/Fudoh) 0 0%
another 4 44.44%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: RogerRamjet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

hi kids!

today i wanna discuss with you the most controversial directors in the film industry... or in other words: whose movies made the biggest impact on you, good or bad..

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:33 PM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Uwe Bowe. How that man is allowed anywhere near a camera is the most controversial thing in cinematic history.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:40 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
hi kids!

today i wanna discuss with you the most controversial directors in the film industry... or in other words: whose movies made the biggest impact on you, good or bad..
I don't see how your ""other words qualify as "other words" and not "different topic"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't see how your ""other words qualify as "other words" and not "different topic"

answer the damn question Paula!!

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:41 PM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Uwe Bowe. How that man is allowed anywhere near a camera is the most controversial thing in cinematic history.

Uwe Boll?

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

Ruggero Deodato was pretty controversial with "Cannibal Holocaust". He was even arrested.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

agreed, a very disturbing movie..

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx

John Waters

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

laughing out loud

John Waters.

I love his films. They're just too cheesy for words.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stone isn't controversial...he's just an attention seeking rat who makes shit films about real events and turns them into total rubbish nonsense

Miike isn't contoversial either really...his films are just over the top and with my sense of humour are more funny than controversial

personally i think Tim Roth's only venture into directing was very bold and made a highly controversial film with "the warzone" which showed a pretty sickening child abuse scene

Gasper Noe is also got to be up their for "irreversible"

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:44 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm gonna say Gasper Noe. Both of his films are extremely controversial, and his new one is supposed to be even more so. He's relatively young and has a long career ahead of him and he seems to exclusively do some of the harshest films he can.

Pasolini as well, mostly for Salo. But some of his other films were controversial, too.

Fred Vogel might be worth a mention as well because of his August Underground films.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh agree with The War Zone, very disturbing film Jaden. Definitely Gasper Noe, and also Larry Clark could be.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:37 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by RogerRamjet
Uwe Boll?

Oops. My bad. Yeah, that's the way you spell it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:52 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Some good names have been said so far. I'm going to throw two more... Stanley Kubrick and Michael Moore.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Michael Moore needs to have a debilitating brain hemmorage and spend the rest of his life a vegetable.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:02 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Michael Moore doesn't hate America....he hates salads. wink

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Oh, I know that, sir. I just think that he is just as big an idiot as that @$$hole O'Reilly.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:11 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
Oh, I know that, sir. I just think that he is just as big an idiot as that @$$hole O'Reilly.
Yeah, two sides of a shitty medal.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

good candidates.dont know a couple of them so I'll go with the first director listed who did The Exorcist.That was extremely controversial at that time it was released I read.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Ruggero Deodato was pretty controversial with "Cannibal Holocaust". He was even arrested.

Didn't he have to get the actors and actresses to appear in court to prove they weren't actually murdered?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:21 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote