KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Harry Brown

Harry Brown
Started by: MildPossession

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Michael Caine is Harry Brown

Trailer for a new film starring Michael Caine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARroxMaEXXE

I like a good old revenge/vigilante thriller film, especially when it's Michael Caine dishing out the punishment!!

Described as a "modern urban western" the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the unlikely vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.

http://www.harrybrownthemovie.com/

Can see a better quality trailer at the official film site.

Produced by Matthew Vaughn who directed the wonderful Layer Cake, and what looks like a blast of a film called Kick Ass going by the trailer for it. He also produced Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Snatch.

Last edited by MildPossession on Oct 27th, 2009 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 05:37 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

interesting, i may go see this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smacks of latching on to the success of Gran Torino to me. Still, looks good so i'll probably give it a watch.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 11:09 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It reminded me of the film Death Sentence, Gran Torino didn't come into my mind at all. Look like quite different films.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 11:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
It reminded me of the film Death Sentence, Gran Torino didn't come into my mind at all. Look like quite different films.

From Wiki:
Described as a "modern urban western" the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the unlikely vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.

It smells highly of Gran Torino.

Look forward to seeing it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, thanks for pasting what I pasted above... stick out tongue smile

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 07:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Movie was okay, turned out to be a combo of Gran Torino(without the racist humor) with a heavy smearing of Death Wish.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 04:09 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I will check this out...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 02:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Robtard
Movie was okay, turned out to be a combo of Gran Torino(without the racist humor) with a heavy smearing of Death Wish.

Holy shit, that sounds amazing. Although, i don't see Michael Caine and Death Wish mixing very well. Meh, i'm gonna pirate this ***** anyway.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 03:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

This wasnt bad, imo it wasnt like Gran Torino at all besides some old guy vs some punks.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:48 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul
This wasnt bad, imo it wasnt like Gran Torino at all besides some old guy vs some punks.

That was a key element to that film. Remove the "old guy vs punks" aspect; all you have is some Asians and a nice classic American car.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 03:46 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

A decent film.

An accurate showing of the flavour of what passes for being gangsta over here these days.

Great to have a a film for the international market where finally the 60s carry on movies/montypython image of Bowler hats and umbrellas "Eh...? What-oh, old chap..?" etc stereotype is put aside to show the sounds and sights and attitudes of people over here nowand the problems that go with it.

Loved seeing the outcome of the movie too.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 12:43 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ If you like these sort of films, I recommend the British film Shifty, came out this year or last.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 05:01 PM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A decent film.

An accurate showing of the flavour of what passes for being gangsta over here these days.

Great to have a a film for the international market where finally the 60s carry on movies/montypython image of Bowler hats and umbrellas "Eh...? What-oh, old chap..?" etc stereotype is put aside to show the sounds and sights and attitudes of people over here nowand the problems that go with it.

The sights being people in hoodies and the attitudes being an intense desire to stab you in the face, I assume?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 06:43 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Moreorless.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 07:17 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A decent film.

Loved seeing the outcome of the movie too.

Still a stereotype though. And not a good one either. Replacing one with another isn't a good thing. I'm sure all Americans must have the impression that Britain is full of cockney gangsters ala lock stock and snatch or full of soft as shite posh cvnts like Hugh Grant.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 08:01 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I think America is gettin' this soon at some theaters, I want to watch it on a big screen.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Harry Brown

I just saw the movie, and it blew my mind. Extremely good revenge movie with some strong characters and dialogue. You really feel for Harry, and Michael Cain is incredible in his role. Top notch filmmaking in my opinion. Most likely a 9/10 for me.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 07:39 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:26 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer Seen this last night 8/10 Great movie,unfortunately I dont think it matched the brilliance of Gran Torino which is a shame,but definitely a must see film

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 04:38 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote