KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Adventureland

Adventureland
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

Adventureland

Just got round to seeing this movie last night, I had no idea that it was set in the 80's haha.

A bit of a simple movie, dealing with young love, money worries and adultery. I am now a huge fan of Jesse Eisenberg (zombieland sold it for me), and was pleased to see him in another lead role. I was shocked that Kirsten Stewart actually looked "hot" in this movie... none of the twilight makeup or dark theme she has in those shit movies, but she seemed..... shaggable haha.

The movie could of done without Ryan Reynolds tho

The rest of the cast was a breath of fresh air, the rest of the carnies and also the 2 managers (they were brilliant).

all in all a good movie for a sunday night

Discos - 7/10

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:07 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

oh... and forgot to add that I loved the music in this movie, 80's kicked ass

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:07 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

I actually love the shit out of that movie. Not because of Jesse, although he does pretty good in it, but because of his boss and Kristen Wig. The commercials at the end were funny though.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:08 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah the boss and his wife were awesome, would of been alot of fun to be around the cast during this movie.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:17 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Yea, I agree. Ryan Reynolds was also pretty funny. It's a very underrated movie imo.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:19 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

tbh I never heard about it til 3weeks ago, I kept correcting my friend saying "I think you mean Zombieland"

but very glad I saw it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:28 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Hahaha, yeah that makes sense. I saw Adventureland before Zombieland though. It made me actually be okay with Kirsten Stewart existing as a person. I just like how retro it is.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:29 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

hah love the Kirsten Stewart quote, her soul is really dogshit in the twilight movies.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:36 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 07:32 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer Yes,I enjoyed this movie a lot in saying that though there is actually already a thread for this where I think I gave a more detailed opinion

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:29 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote