KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies that were crap that deserve a remake!

Movies that were crap that deserve a remake!
Started by: mardook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mardook
Easier said than done!

Tongue Movies that were crap that deserve a remake!

Simple enough idea, name a movie or movies which you think should be remade. Who should direct it and why. Who should be the star or stars of it and why.

I'll begin.

Moontrap (1989) Starring: Walter Koenig and Bruce Cambell

Remake: It had a neat idea of which is already being explored by the upcoming Apollo 18. Something unknown on the moon.

Director - Rob Zombie or David Twohy
Why these two? It could go either way with these two directors. Zombie would incorporate supernatural and demonic flavours. Twohy would incorporate very alien and possibly interesting ideas about what the moon people were, where they came from, etc.

Starring:
Jason Statham, Amanda Seyfried, Joel McHale
JS: I'd like to see him in a movie where he does not have to kick ass.
AS: She's pretty popular right now... figured she be the potential love interest.
JM: He's getting popular, he'd be fun as a foil or villain.

I'll put another one up later. Maybe even put up a fake poster too. smile

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 03:11 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob Zombie? so the remake would also be crap then...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 06:03 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

You want Zombie to direct a movie with Statham...then make him NOT kick,stomp or pulverise ass....riiiight.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 06:04 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:44 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Rob Zombie? so the remake would also be crap then...

If not Rob Zombie, who would you recommend. That is the point of this thread is to get discussion going. I liked his take on Halloween, the sequel was not that good.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:56 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You want Zombie to direct a movie with Statham...then make him NOT kick,stomp or pulverise ass....riiiight.

Yes... if not Statham then who would be an actor to carry the film. Suggest someone and why. big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:57 PM
mardook
Easier said than done!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Why would it warrant a remake... what made the idea in the first one interesting enough to warrant a remake?

Who would you like to see direct it and why?
Who would star in it and why?

I'm gonna have to go find this movie... my memory of it is very vague. I know that it was a B-Movie from the 50's, I know that much.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:59 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was just commenting on the director. You want to make a better film than the original, yet use him as an example. A mediocre director. Come on...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Originally posted by MildPossession
I was just commenting on the director. You want to make a better film than the original, yet use him as an example. A mediocre director. Come on...

Then suggest a director who in your opinion would be someone you would like to see do justice to the idea that was presented in the film, although some changes would need to be done to the idea to update it for today's savvy audiences.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:04 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by mardook
Why would it warrant a remake... what made the idea in the first one interesting enough to warrant a remake?

Well it involved aliens resurrecting the dead.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well it involved aliens resurrecting the dead.

Sounds interesting enough... I'll watch it this weekend.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:16 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Then suggest a director who in your opinion would be someone you would like to see do justice to the idea that was presented in the film, although some changes would need to be done to the idea to update it for today's savvy audiences.

The other you mentioned, Duncan Jones, Vincenzo Natali to name some.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 06:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds interesting enough... I'll watch it this weekend.

Don't expect too much from the original since Ed Wood directed it far worst then Uwe boll.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:53 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but it's so bad it's good. Uwe Boll is just full on shite.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 04:20 PM
Mr Parker

The remake of the original Halloweeen movie.Could have been so much better than what it was.also the spiderman movies for same reason.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 08:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'd remake all of the Twilight movies. I'd eliminate lots of shit story writing and dialogue. The story is almost decent enough, though...it's just not quite good enough. The dialogue is what makes it horrendous.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 11:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd remake all of the Twilight movies. I'd eliminate lots of shit story writing and dialogue. The story is almost decent enough, though...it's just not quite good enough. The dialogue is what makes it horrendous.

You'd end up with a movie about a teen girl moving into her dads house in the country and then the film would end - provided you remove the bad bits of course

I'd remake an early James Cameron film: Dark Star(1974). That film had a fantastic idea and it could've worked, but it was just sooooo bad.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Last edited by CadoAngelus on Mar 16th, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 12:53 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Dark Star is an appalingly bad film, ironically it's the only Dark Star on Carpenter's C.V.

I think they should do a remake of Deliverence, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and starring the Jonas Brothers. They could go all 'Matrix' with the rape scene. laughing out loud

On a serious note, I'd really like to see a Highlander remake. I don't know why, I love the original and they'd probably just put Gerard Butler in it but I'd like to see someone give it a go. Maybe Ang Lee, with Ron Perlman as The Kurgan.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 01:11 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Dark Star is an appalingly bad film, ironically it's the only Dark Star on Carpenter's C.V.

Well it was Carpenter first full length movie not everyone can be perfect for there first movie.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:18 AM
Quiero Mota

The fact that its widely (like, literally, almost universally, without fail) considered to be the worst movie in all of film history. There's a very famous --or infamous--scene in the plane's cockpit where you can see the shadow of the boom-mic against the wall. And its a complete gaffe, none of the dumbshit in the movie is on purpose; they actually set out to make a serious sci-fi flick, but ended up with a ginormous joke instead.

But it also became a modern cult classic for a lot of those reasons. So 50 years after the fact, its stupidity became its strength. Kind of like Reefer Madness.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:23 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote