KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Has a few good actors, the chic is hot and it's Planet of The Apes. I smell a potential decent SciFi.

Now, if it just had a man wearing nothing except torn leather short-shorts telling apes to take their stinking paws off him, we'd have an epic.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never got how apes take over mankind. We have guns, FFS.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:50 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

The trailer looks decent I think.

Should change the name though, what a mouthful.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:51 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I never got how apes take over mankind. We have guns, FFS.

In the original they didn't. It was man who took mankind down through wars and the apes rose to power after; they then had the guns.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The saving grace is that Tim Burton is nowhere near this flick.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
In the original they didn't. It was man who took mankind down through wars and the apes rose to power after; they then had the guns.
Not an "Apes" fan. Won't see this.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:54 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not an "Apes" fan. Won't see this.

Go watch your Harry Potter, ***.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:55 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Go watch your Harry Potter, ***.
Come on, dude, you know it's gonna suck.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm more inclined to think it will, but as I said, decent actors, a hot chic and Planet of the Apes theme, has potential.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 06:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

james franco is coming off of a flop...

i have no hope for this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 06:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

i actually like the one with mark walberg
hated that damn cliffhanger

i wanted to see mark walberg kicking monkey azz nonstop for 120 min cool

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:19 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Looks good.

Also, I wish to smack the idiot commentors on the videos saying this is the prequal to the original planet of the apes. IDIOT! Man killed man in the original.

I do not know how these Apes are supposed to pull of a victory...it seems illogical.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:07 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Looks absolutely terrible. I just... there's nothing good about it. At all.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:54 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks alright but i'll wait until its actually out and see what the critics say about it.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 08:50 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Actually, it looks pretty awesome. I think that, at worst, it will be an interesting watch.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:30 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by dadudemon
I do not know how these Apes are supposed to pull of a victory...it seems illogical.

Why does everyone have such a problem with the movie already because of that? Does everyone really think that they won't explain it? You have to for the film to work, but they won't tell you what it is in the trailer.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:32 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Pretty much, thats whole point of a trailer

heres a definition from a dictionary

quote:
a. A short filmed advertisement for a movie; a preview.

take Planet Of The Apes the trailer for that did'nt exactly give away the iconic ending.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 01:36 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Looks good.

Also, I wish to smack the idiot commentors on the videos saying this is the prequal to the original planet of the apes. IDIOT! Man killed man in the original.

Don't think the point of this film is that apes take over the world. Just that apes achieve a higher level of consciousness due to man's intervention and it's an indicator of what's to come.

Could also tie into the original, there's a massive world war sometime in the future where man demolishes all and the apes rise to power as they where in the first film over thousands and thousands of years due the their earlier genetic boosting.

Edit: Just looked it up, this is a reboot/prequel of the original and the basis for a series of films to follow. So we'll likely see man's destruction and the apes rise to power in following films they're planning(if they get made), though they could take an entirely differet path.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 21st, 2011 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:33 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Impediment
The saving grace is that Tim Burton is nowhere near this flick.

anytime Tim Burton isnt involved with classic material,thats great news,he does his best work when he does his OWN stuff.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote