KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Haywire

Haywire
Started by: super pr*xy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

Haywire

did a search, nothing came up.. saw it last night.. not what the trailer was trying to sell, but i enjoyed it.. a lot of turns in the plot.. gina carano is f*cking gorgeous, even when she kills.. i really enjoyed this movie.. too bad it was eclipsed by "underworld 4" by having the same release date.. casting was top notch; mcgregor, banderas, fassbender, douglas.. 84% at rotten tomatoes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj5Q...mp;feature=fvst

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 11:34 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
did a search, nothing came up.. saw it last night.. not what the trailer was trying to sell, but i enjoyed it.. a lot of turns in the plot.. gina carano is f*cking gorgeous, even when she kills.. i really enjoyed this movie.. too bad it was eclipsed by "underworld 4" by having the same release date.. casting was top notch; mcgregor, banderas, fassbender, douglas.. 84% at rotten tomatoes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj5Q...mp;feature=fvst

i want to see this.. do they set it up for a sequel?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 05:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks like another "they trained her and then they betrayed her and she's out for vengeance" type of flick.

I always find it funny when 135lbs women punch guys in the face and lay them out with one hit, especially when they do unnecessary moves like jumping slightly off a wall (Salt 2010).

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 06:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i want to see this.. do they set it up for a sequel?

i left the theater wanting more, actually.. they spend a lot of time developing her character that the ending felt a little too, for a lack of a better word, abrupt..

Originally posted by Robtard
Looks like another "they trained her and then they betrayed her and she's out for vengeance" type of flick.

I always find it funny when 135lbs women punch guys in the face and lay them out with one hit, especially when they do unnecessary moves like jumping slightly off a wall (Salt 2010).

the h2h sequences are actually not like that.. every time there's a fight scene, its just that, a fight.. i don't remember her laying a guy out with just one punch..

and the "train then betray" is an over-simplification of the plot.. she's actually trying to get something done.. not just going down a hit list mindlessly..

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 01:35 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

From the trailer it reminds me of La Femme Nikita. That chick doesn't seem too hot to me. I think she might be suffering from a bit of the Michelle Rodriguez syndrome (which we were discussing in the Resident Evil V thread). Too much butch. erm

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 03:16 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

You say that because you're insane.

She's pretty fine. And adorable.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 03:51 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thou shalt not question my sanity, sir! I am a hundred times as sane as anyone here!! stick out tongue

Sorry, I'll admit she has a fairly pleasant face, but I'm not into fightin' chicks. She still looks a little too beefy and manly for me. Any chick who can rip my head off... no thanks.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 04:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

She's definitely cute, even sexy.

Movie seems even more lame to me now though, an MMA fighter turned actor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 08:51 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
From the trailer it reminds me of La Femme Nikita. That chick doesn't seem too hot to me. I think she might be suffering from a bit of the Michelle Rodriguez syndrome (which we were discussing in the Resident Evil V thread). Too much butch. erm

Dude she is fine! Most of these EuroAction films these days reflect Nikita I agree.
I'm definitely gonna check this out.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 09:05 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I HATED this movie, and the sad part is there was nothing overtly terrible about the acting or the story. What just killed it for me was the score that was completely ill suited for the tone of the movie. The film just couldn't build up any drama or tension with this terrible Jazz line coming in every time the film tried to ramp up to something. When the electro-jazz wasn't playing the rest of the film was quiet with this sort of airy whistling noise, like a window had been left open or your ear drums had just popped.. truly bizarre sound design choices that constantly pulled me out of any sense of immersion I had while watching the film.

Also Michael Angarano's character is completely useless to the story, for the life of me I have no idea why a large chunk of the story is framed around Mallory (Gina Carano's character) telling him about the two missions that led up to the ordeal she is currently in. It's useless. His character is only on screen for the few minutes that book end the flash backs... then he disappears from the movie entirely when her story catches up to current events halfway through the movie. Why? A straight forward narrative would have helped the film establish a constant tone and build tension... but I honestly don't think it would have made much of a difference with the terrible score.

There is a good movie in there somewhere and I honestly don't think it would take much time in the editing room to turn this garbage into a decent film... which makes it even more infuriating. Come on Soderbergh, step up your game.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 10:00 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

hm... trying to be different, I suppose, srank?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 10:26 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Nope, I just feel that the score and sound design is an very important part of the over all film package and if it isn't done right it can ruin a film. This movie isn't Ocean's 11, the music didn't suit the tone of the movie and I couldn't over look it. Every time that Jazz line started playing I starting grinding my teeth and praying to god it would end.

Since you think I'm hating on a well received movie just to be different for the sake of being different I won't tell you want I thought about The Descendants... lol

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 10:57 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I was suggesting nothing of the sort. Just curious. I don't even think the movie looks interesting. I probably will never see it.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 11:41 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The music reminded me of the type of "suspensful" jazz music you hear playing in the background of 1970's police crime drama movies.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 03:04 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the score didn't bother me at all.. i was too immersed visually, i guess *wink, wink*.. and i liked the fact that there were no noisy music and no punch-landing sound effects with the fight scenes..

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 10:19 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I HATED this movie, and the sad part is there was nothing overtly terrible about the acting or the story. What just killed it for me was the score that was completely ill suited for the tone of the movie. The film just couldn't build up any drama or tension with this terrible Jazz line coming in every time the film tried to ramp up to something.
(please log in to view the image)

my thoughts exactly. i couldn't even get into it and had to stop watching like 20 minutes in.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 08:59 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I honestly didn't expect much & for that reason I did enjoy the film. I guess knowing that Gina wasn't an actress was an added plus to the "rawness" of the film.

Haywire was a bit more credible than Columbina.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 09:10 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

credible in what way?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 09:22 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I guess credible in a sense that Soderbergh knew Gina wasn't an actress & gave her a down to earth character with a simple dialog to match.The rest of the professional actors carried the story. There was no underlaying roles of emotion or turmoil that Zoe Saldana's character had in Columbiana.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 11:01 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote