KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jupiter Ascending (Wachowskis)

Jupiter Ascending (Wachowskis)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Jupiter Ascending (Wachowskis)

No idea what this is about, but I saw a blurb online about Mila Kunis signing on for it. IMDB. Anybody have any info on what it's about?? Sounds like nothing is known about it yet..

(I made a thread for the other up-and-coming Wachowskis film in the Sci-Fi Forum: Cloud Atlas)

Old Post May 7th, 2012 12:28 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Saw an article that this now has an official release date. And according to IMDB it is:

25 July 2014 (USA)

And the premise sounds interesting, sort of a new take on the Snow White tale...

quote:
In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young destitute human woman is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe because her very existence threatens to end the Queen's reign.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 12:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I just want to say Mila Kunis is a whore.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 12:28 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I like these kinds of fantasy movies. More the merrier.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:09 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Why is Mila Kunis a whore?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I like these kinds of fantasy movies. More the merrier.

Amen. Same here, bro. That's why the Wachowskis hold a special place in my heart.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 12:36 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Placidity's bitter. He asked her to go with him to prom via youtube, and she told him to **** off.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 12:50 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Placidity's bitter. He asked her to go with him to prom via youtube, and she told him to **** off.
wrong.

Plac has a thing for Ashton Kutcher and he's mad at Mila 'cause she's boning him.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 01:38 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm pretty sure its actually both.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 02:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

You filthy whore lovers.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 06:38 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Who?
Lana Wachowskis or Mila? embarrasment

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 08:15 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is supposed to start filming soon. Rumored to be a Trilogy, and sounds like it's going to be a complicated shoot...

quote:
Jupiter Ascending Production UPDATE!
Author: FREEZE! | Jul-19-2013 12:57 PM

The Wachowskis'Jupiter Ascending, slated for a 2014 release, production is underway!

StaringChanning Tatum,Mila Kunis,and Sean Bean. Jupiter Ascending is said to be the Snow White fairytale fused with Japanese pop culture in a sci-fi and futuristic mythological masterpiece. From the same minds that brought the sci-fi world The Matrix and Cloud Atlas the project will begin shooting this year.

(please log in to view the image)

Lana and Andy Wachowski are ready to reinvent your Sci-Fi experience!

Mila Kunis will play the proverbial "Snow White" protagonist. Though a destitute woman, her genetic structure causes her to be a target for assassination by the Queen of the Universe. Also pegged for the project is Channing Tatum, whose bounty hunter character is hired to kill Kunis, and Eddie Redmayne (My Week with Marilyn and Les Miserables), whose role is thus far unspecified.

Kunis, Bean, Tatum, and Redmayne... Ready for Launch!

Screenrant/Deadline NY report that Sean Bean, whose character's name is Stinger, will be a "Han Solo-type," noticeably older than Channing Tatum. Obviously, fans familiar with Sean Bean's grisly death scenes will be holding their breath in anticipation.

Channing Tatum has stated that Jupiter Ascending will be a complete reinvention of the entire science fiction genre, the likes of which only the Wachowski siblings could accomplish. The siblings are prepared for a "dense backstory" and elaborate universe. Some projections compare the preparations to the Star Wars trilogy. With a rumored budget of $200 million, the sky is the limit for the Wachowski siblings. Jupiter Ascending is the first entry in a rumored trilogy and is to start filming in early 2013, and will be released in 3D!

UPDATE:
Now recently according to Channing Tatum, the Wachowskis are challenging themselves to do what's "never been done" once again on this movie.

According to Collider, Channing has been quoted to saying the following about the process of Jupiter Ascending and it's current mode of creation:

"We are breaking ground on—I mean it’s a tough shoot. We're doing stuff that’s never been done, inside the camera, in the CG world, and the physical stuff. There's very little, if not no, digital stuntmen in the movie. All the stuff is really real and it’s been hard figuring it out because they don't like doing anything that's been done before. So we're definitely doing some new stuff, so hopefully everybody likes it. And it's fun, it's got some cheek to it. It's a cheeky movie a little bit."

Thanks to FirstShowing.net, Channing also hints at numerous interesting details in his one answer: "There are apparently no "digital" stuntmen in the movie, but there is a "CG world" and most of the physical effects or stunt work is being done "inside the camera" (not unusual). Reading into his statements, this sounds like a combination of the Avatar digital shooting style and Zack Snyder's stunt work, with the vision of the Wachowskis behind it all. Earlier this year during the Sean Bean casting news, we posted a quote from Tatum where he said what they're planning "is the craziest shit he's ever seen."

Speaking of Channing Tatum and his involvement, while his character name in Jupiter Ascending is listed as "Caine", he's not exactly playing a regular human.
"I'm a splice, splices are essentially built in a test tube. I'm a hybrid wolf and human. And half albino, so I'm a little defective." That is definitely going to throw everyone off, but these mutations are part of the world this is set in. It's set "in a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder," and splices are higher up.

IMDB:
In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young destitute human woman is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe because her very existence threatens to end the Queen's reign.

Jupiter's 'All Knowing Eye,' Will it play a major role in the film?

Jupiter Ascending is due in theaters next summer, July 25, 2014!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 02:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 08:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks like it has some awesome visuals. I'll definitely check it out.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 06:12 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by ares834
Looks like it has some awesome visuals. I'll definitely check it out.

thumb up

It looks really good. I liked Cloud Atlas a lot, too.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 07:56 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This looks like it could be pretty damn cool actually.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 10:19 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Tatum's design looks dumb, but the movie overall seems interesting.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 10:30 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Man, I don't know. Cloud Atlas was probably the weirdest movie I've seen in a minute.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2013 11:19 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Cloud Atlas was probably the weirdest movie I've seen in a minute.

That's some of the goofiest urban grammar I've heard all year.. lol

But seriously, you're right. Cloud Atlas was weird. I think it was meant to be, though. I actually enjoyed it even though I found it quite puzzling. This looks like it'll be less weird. It looks about like what I was hoping for: a cool sci-fi space adventure. It looks at least on par with Man of Steel or Thor as far as visuals and scope go.

And a big plus: Mila Kunis. thumb up

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 01:39 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Honestly, Cloud Atlas had some really deep points and a lot of context not easily seen on the first viewing. It's probably less linear and more cerebral than your normal sci-fi film though, and that's why it is both the most expensive indie movie ever made and one of the largest flops considering said budget.

However, I insist that it's one of the most mentally mind blowing and stimulating movies I've ever seen.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 03:28 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I think the movie should be re-titled Jupiter Falling.

Looking at the clip, how many times does Mila (Jupiter) seem to fall off something?

Also the $64 million dollar question, does Sean Bean stall alive til the end?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2013 03:33 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote