KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Black Panther

Black Panther has just been announced for a 2017 release, and it will star Chadwick Boseman as the King of Wakanda. Chadwick is the guy who played James Brown in "Get On Up" and Jackie Robinson in "42".

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 08:15 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Saw that. Still not sure if I like it. I was rooting for Michael Jai White or Idris Elba.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:00 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Elba would have been epic, even though he might be a bit old for the role.

White would have ruined it for sure. 100% guarantee.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Wesley Snipes.

Come at me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

IIRC, he was in talks concerning the role before he went to jail for rich people.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Jai White, Elba and Djimon Honsou were My favorites.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:08 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I understand the reservations about White, but he was a monster in Blood and Bone. I watched it again recently and I just love him in that movie.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:11 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You people with the "MHJ White", guy can't act his way out of a paperbag. Look what he did to Spawn. Granted, that was doomed from the start considering, but still.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:12 PM
KingD19

Jai White played a pretty good Bronze Tiger. And he was good as Jac in MK Retribution.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:14 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
You people with the "MHJ White", guy can't act his way out of a paperbag. Look what he did to Spawn. Granted, that was doomed from the start considering, but still.

Have you seen Blood and Bone?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Unfortunately I have seen Blood and Bone. It was crappy, even for B-Film.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:16 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Unfortunately I have seen Blood and Bone. It was crappy, even for B-Film.

Ah, well, there you go then. You seem to have taken a dislike to him, which I suppose is your right, but even the critics seemed to agree that while it was a B-grade movie, White made a pretty good case for himself. But hell, I am not going to waste your time when you are clearly prejudiced.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I just don't think he's a good actor. Will leave it at that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:26 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I just don't think he's a good actor. Will leave it at that.

Actually, I agree with you. wink But the same could be argued with Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes or Arnold Schwarzenegger, yet without them we would never have had a Rambo, a Blade or a Terminator who were so successful. I just hoped that with a good director and support he could have created something epic.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:34 PM
Shabazz916

im glad we got a black panther movie... im just worried about how the culture will be presented... because i dnt want it to look like batman... i want him to be his own genre of super hero like he is... not just for ethnic reasons... i want him to be the character in the comics...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 12:30 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

You people with the "MHJ White", guy can't act his way out of a paperbag.
thumb up

all time favorite pick for T'Challa was Djimon Hounsou... if only he were born 2 years later.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 03:27 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I just got the news that I'll be playing Black Panther!

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 03:35 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Boseman will kill it as T'challa.. MARK MY WORDS big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

anyone know if MCU can use Storm in the same way they're able to use QS and Wanda?

I mean, they could just call her Ororo and a "weather witch" since they cant call her mutant. i'd love to see her and T'Challa meet as kids and such.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 04:58 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by marwash22
anyone know if MCU can use Storm in the same way they're able to use QS and Wanda?

I mean, they could just call her Ororo and a "weather witch" since they cant call her mutant. i'd love to see her and T'Challa meet as kids and such.

Wondering if the studio secured the rights to use "mutant" now on film per film basis, since it's going to be odd not explaining what QS and SW are.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:02 PM