KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doc Savage

Doc Savage
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doc Savage

Shane Black will be directing & writing this new adaptation of the pulp hero

and also Dwayne Johnson will be playing the title role

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...n-is-doc-savage

Old Post May 31st, 2016 06:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Kind of a weird choice for the lead. I hope it's good.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 31st, 2016 08:33 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Odd choice, but i'll give it a look see.
Dwayne is good in films with large casts, as writers/directors can take advantage of his ability to banter.
Doc's crew is a natural fit for that.

Last edited by riv6672 on May 31st, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2016 11:11 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Awesome.

Old Post May 31st, 2016 11:51 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is he still interested in Shazam then?

Old Post May 31st, 2016 02:05 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Been interested in this for over a year, not happy with Dwayne being cast. Will wait for a preview though, maybe he'll impress.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 31st, 2016 at 06:16 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2016 06:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218

Good question Lol

WB really needs to get on with Shazam, but the lack of news around it suggests it will be delayed, if not outright cancelled.

Hope I'm wrong though. Would looove a Shazam movie (done right of course).

Old Post May 31st, 2016 06:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

you mean Black Adam.... WB is changing the title lol

as for this, it seems interesting but will wait and see pics from the set and the trailer

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 31st, 2016 06:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Last i heard he's on board for that, too. And a Baywatch movie. And a Big Trouble in Little China remake...he's a busy man.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 11:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Last i heard he's on board for that, too. And a Baywatch movie. And a Big Trouble in Little China remake...he's a busy man.
And Jumangi and jungle cruise and fast and furious 8...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 11:50 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sweet.
I'm a big fan of his, so the more the better!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 11:05 PM
Darth Thor

Not interested in any comic book film Shane Black is directing:

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/0...an-3as-mandarin

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 02:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So one movie does it for you and you've lost faith in him......erm

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 02:33 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
So one movie does it for you and you've lost faith in him......erm

Given its his only comic book movie, and he refuses to accept he screwed it up, and has zero regrets about it despite the fan hate, then yeah I'm not interested in another one from him. He had his chance for me, so unless everyone praises Doc Savage I won't watch.

At least guys like Simon Kinberg admit they screwed up with things like X-Men Last Stand and Fant4stic. (Even if he doesn't get the reason he screwed up on Fant4stic).

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 03:02 PM
riv6672

Its a matter of taste. I liked IM3 (better than 2, actually), and thought Mandarin was cool both before and after the revelation.

Anyway, back to the subject.
My only qualm about the Rock as Doc is, his dialogue if its a period piece. His speech is VERY modern sounding.
He did decent in Hercules, helped by everyone else not sounding archaic, so, we'll see.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 07:12 PM
Senor Cage

Love Shane Black. Only movie I didn't care for was IM 3. Overall, I'm looking forward to this.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 11:15 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The Rock is in everything now a days, and he hasnt really been able to carried his own franchise so far though.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jun 4th, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2016 11:29 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He's more of a franchise re-invigorator.
The GI Joe sequel was leaps and bounds over the first film, with a third scheduled.
The Fast & Furious franchise is set for at least 2 more movies last i heard.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 11:30 AM