KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Did Age of Apocalypse hint at the coming of Proteus?

Did Age of Apocalypse hint at the coming of Proteus?
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Did Age of Apocalypse hint at the coming of Proteus?

There was a seemingly innocent scene in Age of Apocalypse that caught my attention...

When Xavier goes to see Moira MacTaggert at her office, he notices a picture on the wall and asks her is that her son to which she replies yes...

Well in the comics, Moira's son is named Kevin; otherwise known as Mutant X or Proteus...

Proteus is one of the few beings that was actually stronger than Phoenix (he overpowered her at a time when she was undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix) as he possessed potent reality warp and could possess peoples bodies which would eventually burn them out and kill them...

Anyway, did anyone else catch that in the movie, or am I off base?

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 05:56 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nah, I got the reference too, but not sure whether I would count on Proteus being in a future film... Could go either way.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 09:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Proteus would make for a good film. I heard Onslaught is up next for X Men.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 09:40 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Mr. Sinister is next, I believe as for Proteus, its possible .. after all the next film takes place in the 90's so yea he could be involved

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 10:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Proteus would make for a good film. I heard Onslaught is up next for X Men.

Haven't heard any word about Onslaught next, but oh god, I hope that doesn't happen, unless perhaps they bring back Apocalypse to form a temporarily alliance with the good guys to stop him like in the comics.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 12:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Haven't heard any word about Onslaught next, but oh god, I hope that doesn't happen, unless perhaps they bring back Apocalypse to form a temporarily alliance with the good guys to stop him like in the comics.

MCU would need to own X-Men rights too for it to work. Would love to see Hulk crack his armor.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 04:06 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

It was pretty much confirmed in the post credit sequence, that Sinister is going to create X-23. Don't know about Proteus though.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 06:47 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote