KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Is a Kick-Ass 3 movie even possible at this point?

Is a Kick-Ass 3 movie even possible at this point?
Started by: Dr Will Hatch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

Is a Kick-Ass 3 movie even possible at this point?

When Kick-Ass first came out in 2010, I was utterly blown away by it. Hilarious, satirical, with blood soaked kinetic action and a completely demented father and daughter relationship that was at the same time one of the sweetest examples of familial love that I've ever seen, I just instantly fell in love with it. In fact, looking back on the cinematic landscape, Kick-Ass might be on my top list of films for the 2010s.

That's why I was so disappointed by the tepid response to its sequel, Kick-Ass 2. While that movie is a far cry from the first one, I still found it entertaining and heartfelt enough to where I was perplexed at the film receiving such negative critical and fan reviews.

Now, I think that the main reason the sequel failed to capture a mainstream nod of approval like Kick-Ass 1 did is because it strayed too far from the source material. Too many details were changed from the comic that made it feel almost perfunctory. Sloppy. Cheesy, even. These changes were made I believe because the first movie had also made changes of its own. Kick-Ass 1 did a lot to "Hollywoodize" the original comic, where Dave was a straight up loser instead of a plucky underdog, and Big Daddy wasn't really an ex-cop trying to get revenge on the mafia, but a loser similar to Dave who had kidnapped and lied to his daughter so he could live out his sick superhero fantasies. But I digress.

There were lots of things about Kick-Ass 2 the movie that I felt worked, but if they had just stuck to the comic, with the cliffhanger ending of Hit-Girl getting arrested, we would have a much easier time seeing the possibility of a third movie getting made.

For what it's worth, Kick-Ass 3 the comic is actually pretty good. But now the actors are just a little too old for it to be believable, and even excluding that, the sequel bombing has deflated almost all of the goodwill the original earned. Is anyone else bummed that it will probably never get made?

Old Post May 27th, 2017 12:06 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I think it can. Maybe a smaller movie

Old Post May 27th, 2017 12:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I liked Kick-Ass 3 as a book more then the 2nd one, Brought back the whole mafia element.

Old Post May 27th, 2017 01:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I liked Kick-Ass 3 as a book more then the 2nd one, Brought back the whole mafia element.

I liked them about the same. The first one is amazing. Two and Three are solid.

Old Post May 27th, 2017 04:29 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sure why not.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 05:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Mathew Vaughn had plans for a Big Daddy Prequel and Kick Ass Sequel at one point, but I've not heard anything in a long while, and he's busy with other stuff, so I don't see it happening.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 10:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd rather them reboot at later on

Alot of the actors/Actress are too old for the roles now.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 11:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Thats a good point. To follow the comicswould be odd.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 11:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote:
On June 17, 2015, Vaughn stated in an answer to Yahoo that he is working on a prequel on how Hit-Girl and Big Daddy became superheroes and plans to make Kick-Ass 3 after.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 28th, 2017 05:32 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Whelp, time to recast Hitgirl.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 10:12 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by riv6672
Whelp, time to recast Hitgirl.

Yep. I don't think Chloe's going to work anymore.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post May 28th, 2017 11:13 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Duh

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 28th, 2017 11:49 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this piece of crap will be rebooted in the 5 years

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2017 03:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna
Yep. I don't think Chloe's going to work anymore.

Not with those big ol' duck feet, no.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 05:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2

Working on it?

Mark Miller has already done the work for him.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 06:55 AM
steverules_2

I'd still bang her

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 29th, 2017 07:47 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Looking at that photo and all you can think about is her duck feet?

By Stoic

Old Post May 29th, 2017 10:17 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Well...okay why is there what appears to be a nightstand in the park?

Hard to believe she was like 12-13 when Kick Ass came out, now she's almost old enough to drink.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 10:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

She already is old enough to drink if she visited Australia.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 01:38 PM
riv6672

She's not that desperate. smile

Old Post May 29th, 2017 01:41 PM