KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which on-screen Marvel villain is the greatest?

Which on-screen Marvel villain is the greatest?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Which on-screen Marvel villain is the greatest?

Of every Marvel villain that has appeared on-screen in a movie or television series, which is the greatest and why?

Don't just say "CUZ I SAID SO!" or some monosyllabic reply.

Pre-MCU, MCU, Netflix, cable, whatever.

Explain which Marvel villain that has appeared on-screen is better than all of the rest and why.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:24 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's out of Killgrave, Bushmaster and Kingpin on Netflix although... the Shadow King in Legion was pretty cool.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Netflix Kingpin.

Just everything from his presence, his sheer brutality, his twisted love for Vanessa, to his complete and total selfishness and hypocrisy.

Oh hes great.

Michael Keatons Vulture would be a runner up. Keatons Fantastic performance as a family man and being blue collar worker just working his way up on the black market, after getting screwed by the government and corporations, but still only to provide for his family.

Loved how he was relateable, sympathetic but still obviously evil.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Thanos, followed closely by Red Skull.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:43 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Movies: Thanos

He had the best villain character development in the MCU. His ideology and motives were solid.

Series: Kingpin

The guy was beast.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 05:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Thanos ofc.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 05:11 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

For me, it's a tie between Thanos and Wilson Fisk.

Thanos is like a force of nature who has such screen presence and character. So confident, calculating, and calm. Thanos is a the Walter White of Marvel villains.

Fisk is savage. So raw, unhinged, cruel, and brilliant. Fisk is always one step ahead and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. This character is a prime example of pure will and emotion.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 05:16 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why didn't Thanos ever bother to calculate he could have used the infinity stones to solve the problems he talked about in other ways than just "kill half the universe"?

In the comics he wanted to impress Death, this is why all that genocide made sense. Here it just comes off like he's not bright enough to use ultimate power to solve the universes problems in a non-genocidal way. That is what bugs me about him.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I have heard more people talk about the Black Panther Baddies. Like Andy Ciircus's portrayal of Scar was supposeldy very good (I aint seen BP yet so I can't say)

Wilson Fisk from Season 1 was pretty good.

Thanos didn't do it for me. I found him to be kinda Boring. He really didn't do anytthing but mope in the movie. His "Fights" with Thor and Hulk were Not Impressive in any way.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It boggles the mind if people thought Klaw was an entertaining villain.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well People thought Cap A Civil War was a Fun Movie when in reality it was a Mega Bore Fest until it got to the big Airport Flight Scene. I fast forwarded thru the vast majority of it and I STILL kept checking my watch.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Its Thanos, his motives were great... He has an onscreen presence in which you really want him to succeed..

Netflix, its Kingpin, to me he was portrayed as a sympethatic villain.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Thanos was a POS SJW Bitich. Why can' Bad Guys be BAD anymore?

Is it because of the Pussy SJW Bitchs want to KILL off those that agree with them?

Sad Sad Ugly Horrible Lefties.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:14 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos was displayed as a multi-faceted villain that was surprisingly relatable. He had heart and depth as well as sheer brutality. That’s why he’s my favorite.

I really enjoyed The Purple Man from Jessica Jones. He was as criminal as they come with zero remorse.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:44 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No He wasn't. That is just the crap they are putting on the shitcake and trying to convince everyone that it is Icing.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:46 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Thanos and/or Wilson Fisk, easily.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:50 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No He wasn't. That is just the crap they are putting on the shitcake and trying to convince everyone that it is Icing.

You sound like some triggered snowflake. Go home.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:00 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fisk has probably been the most consistently good villain for me. Even his minor role in DD s2 was one of the highlights of that season.

Honourable mention to Bushmaster, for not only being a great villain, but having a couple of great one liners:

Anansi: Vengeance belongs to the Lord.
Bushmaster: Hmm, well the Lord can have it back when I'm done with it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:07 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eon Blue
You sound like some triggered snowflake. Go home.

What a Sock Thing To Say.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:14 PM
NemeBro

Thanos, Fisk, Kilgrave, and Doc Ock. Probably Thanos overall for number one.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote