KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 (NO SPOILERS)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 (NO SPOILERS)
Started by: GnarlyWalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GnarlyWalker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had just watched TCM 2022, and personally I think the writing could've been way better. It was super cheesy the first few scenes, but when it came to the actual action, it didn't disappoint. Although it goes off of the first movie, it's not too obsessive of what happens in the first movie. It felt kind of rushed overall though. 6/10, and that's just from the action scenes.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2022 03:52 PM
GnarlyWalker is currently offline Click here to Send GnarlyWalker a Private Message Find more posts by GnarlyWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The "Try anything and you're cancelled bro" part when Leatherface walked into a bus with people's phones pointed at him was super cringe... Film was okay otherwise.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2022 07:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I heard it was god awful and I’m prone to believe so.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2022 07:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So its a misfire?....damn. looked okay from the trailers too except for the scene with everyone pointing their phone at Leatherface. But then it would be something people would do.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2022 02:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah it wasn't good.

Another TCM film that fundamentally misunderstands Leatherface. Turned him into Jason or M. Myers, having him become this embodiment of evil and essentially an unstoppable killing machine which is absurd considering in the original he was just some big retarded guy with a hammer.

Essentially ripped off the new Halloween films with Sally coming back.

The gore was good, and some of the deaths were amusing. But as a TCM movie it failed. Was just a run of the mill shitty slasher movie.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2022 02:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I had a feeling they were going the same angle with Halloween and such here, though didn't give it that much thought, but suppose that confirms it. Sally coming back I did find interesting at first, but was disappointed with how they handled her in the end. A Laurie Strode she was not.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2022 04:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I didn’t even know this was a thing. I’ll give it a watch.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2022 05:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't think I care enough to watch this. Didn't much care for the original.

If I want to watch TCM I'll just watch the Jessica Beil remake again. She's stunningly hot in that.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2022 12:09 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't think I care enough to watch this. Didn't much care for the original.

If I want to watch TCM I'll just watch the Jessica Beil remake again. She's stunningly hot in that.

Man I remember watching the Biel version the week I got my vasectomy. I was home alone and chasing painkillers w. booze.

Damn movie freaked me out! laughing

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2022 12:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I see that one is on Netflix too, along with one other from the 2000s. Will watch since I never really saw those ones before, which from the sounds of it cant be any worse than TCM 2022.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2022 02:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I spent the second half of the movie lol'ing at the uberness of Leatherface's chainsaw.

Casually slices through huge wooden beams, loads of wooden flooring, large diameter steel pipes, dozens of human beings, metal doors, multiple collisions with concrete/asphalt, etc. like a hot knife through butter. It also soaked close range shotgun fire unscathed.

Evidently the chainsaw is just as unkillable as Leatherface himself. The saw cannot jam, the external components are impervious to damage, the chain is infinitely sharp and cannot dull/break, and it also has unlimited fuel.

...It was quite an impressive piece of tech.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 25th, 2022 at 11:54 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 11:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by riv6672
Man I remember watching the Biel version the week I got my vasectomy. I was home alone and chasing painkillers w. booze.

Damn movie freaked me out! laughing

Oh god, if I had seen her in that movie during my vasectomy recovery I bet it would have caused my vas deferens to reconnect and make me virile again. Haha.. not to mention getting a huge boner then probably wouldn't have been comfortable. Heh

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 12:10 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noyce..gui
Restricted

Account Restricted

huge boner
Who told you of such language?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 03:45 AM
Noyce..gui is currently offline Click here to Send Noyce..gui a Private Message Find more posts by Noyce..gui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noyce..gui
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you schlop your great granny with that mouth?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 03:52 AM
Noyce..gui is currently offline Click here to Send Noyce..gui a Private Message Find more posts by Noyce..gui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lmao laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 03:35 PM
riv6672

Oh god, if I had seen her in that movie during my vasectomy recovery I bet it would have caused my vas deferens to reconnect and make me virile again. Haha.. not to mention getting a huge boner then probably wouldn't have been comfortable. Heh

^^^ laughing

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 03:01 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Galan007
I spent the second half of the movie lol'ing at the uberness of Leatherface's chainsaw.

Casually slices through huge wooden beams, loads of wooden flooring, large diameter steel pipes, dozens of human beings, metal doors, multiple collisions with concrete/asphalt, etc. like a hot knife through butter. It also soaked close range shotgun fire unscathed.

Evidently the chainsaw is just as unkillable as Leatherface himself. The saw cannot jam, the external components are impervious to damage, the chain is infinitely sharp and cannot dull/break, and it also has unlimited fuel.

...It was quite an impressive piece of tech.

It's because before the movie started he was out collecting the 5 infinity chains.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2022 10:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I heard from a reliable source that BackFire watched this movie wearing nothing except his Leatherface Halloween mask and a large cucumber in his ass.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 10th, 2022 10:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^An immersive experience.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2022 01:36 AM