KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DING DONG The DCEU is DEAD

DING DONG The DCEU is DEAD
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DING DONG The DCEU is DEAD

Seems James Gunn is rebooting the DC Universe.

Thoughts???

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 8th, 2022 10:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 8th, 2022 10:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The odds were always against the DCU surviving Discovery's merger, but it seems obvious that WB was waiting to see how Shazam did before making a final decision to pull the plug (or alternatively, they decided a month ago to pull the plug but didn't want an announcement to kill hype for Shazam). Either way Shazam was the turning point for the franchise.

All in all, good riddance. Ezra Miller is box office poison, they waited too long between films and now Affleck is too old, 1984 was crap, BvS poisoned the well toward Cavill etc. This franchise had way too much of a ****ed up legacy to ever succeed past MoS. Put it out of its misery and start over with a fresh slate. The problem though is that WB still doesn't have enough patience. They need to wait at least a decade, long enough for the bad taste from DCU 1.0 to wash off, before trying to reboot the franchise, but I don't have confidence that they're capable of showing that restraint. The comic book movie industry is faltering right now from cape fatigue and zero hype post Endgame, and I have a feeling that WB is going to try to put out a new tentpole film right when no one gives a **** about Superhero movies anymore.

WB needs to follow Sony's gameplan and release small, standalone comic films. Low commitment, easy to digest. No convoluted multiverse shit.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 12:34 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

If this is true, then I support it 100%.

DC movies can be so much better than what they are now.

The current continuity is a swirling vortex of shit.

And can we PLEASE get a Superman villain other than Lex or ZOD?!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 12:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Imagine quitting The Witcher to go back and do Superman again just to get that cancelled. Poor Henry.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 12:52 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He got what he deserved frankly, I can't imagine ever put in your hopes in something like the DCU when you have a behind the scenes glimpse into how ****ed up Warner Bros-Discovery is right now.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 02:08 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

Agreed. They should have rebooted after Justice League flopped so bad. There was no point in just hanging on to failure, but they resisted all the way.

At least Gunn is cleaning the place up.

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Imagine quitting The Witcher to go back and do Superman again just to get that cancelled. Poor Henry.

That is a bit f***ed up announcing hes back, then announcing hes gone just weeks later.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 08:34 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
He got what he deserved frankly, I can't imagine ever put in your hopes in something like the DCU when you have a behind the scenes glimpse into how ****ed up Warner Bros-Discovery is right now.
ha, I think he'll be the next Bond.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 08:45 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh yes, tbh, I'd like to see Braniac with a big budget or war world.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 09:05 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I think he should have waited until Shazam: Fury of The Gods came out before he announced this

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 10:02 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
I think he should have waited until Shazam: Fury of The Gods came out before he announced this
is the Flash still coming out?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 10:17 AM
riv6672

^^^Yeah, baby!

(please log in to view the image)

One of the few bright spots of the SyFy Krypton program.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 10:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lestov16

To be fair it was a scoop. He didnt announce anything. But had to say something when the news was going around so just confirmed some of it was true and some things are undecided.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 01:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sure we can.

Toyman, Puzzler or Prankster laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 02:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Hopefully, they will release a Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Batman sequel. Plus, after Fury of gods, another movie with Shazam, Black Adam and Superman interacting from the beginning before they pull the plug. Silly of me, but all these characters had something good in them and thus deserves another time to shine before being scrapped.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 02:20 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 02:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I read they want to keep Momoa around so he can play Lobo. That would be pretty awesome.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 02:34 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Stupid thing is it's not the actors that need sacked. It's the writers. Cavill, Gadot and Momoa are good fits for their roles.

I'm not even sure Gunn is the right person to be rebooting the franchise either. Can't see him ditching his own work in The Suicide Squad so will he do another of those and bring in a new JLA through that avenue? He also seems like the kind of person who will interfere with what other directors want to do with the characters.

Guess it also means we'll never see any more Brightburn movies with him being tied up with DC/Warner Bros for the foreseeable.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 05:02 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Stupid thing is it's not the actors that need sacked. It's the writers. Cavill, Gadot and Momoa are good fits for their roles.

^^^QFT

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sure we can.

Toyman, Puzzler or Prankster laughing out loud

^^^Jesse Eisenberg was basically playing Toyman or Prankster when he was supposed to be playing Lex Luthor.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 05:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

I would keep Momoa, Cavill and Gadot (because I love her). You don't need to reboot the actors. If Miller could be replaced Flashpoint is the perfect way to reset

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 06:03 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote