KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscars 2023

Oscars 2023
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oscars 2023

Well... I googled the nominations for this year thinking they must have been announced by now, and thought it was the actual nominations, but it was just predictions.. nevermind. It's always annoying waiting for them to be announced.

Anyway, here's the predictions I saw...

1 Everything Everywhere All at Once
2 The Fabelmans
3 The Banshees of Inisherin
4 TÁR
5 Elvis
6 Top Gun: Maverick
7 Avatar: The Way of Water
8 All Quiet on the Western Front
9 Women Talking
10 Babylon

Entertainment Weekly Oscar Predictions

I saw another one on Vanity Fair that included The Whale, which is one that I actually want to see. So we'll see. When the actual nominations are announced someone please don't hesitate to post them here.

I think the Oscars are 12 March 2023.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 11:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Holy CRAP I’ve actually SEEN a lot of these…

quote:
1 Everything Everywhere All at Once
4 TÁR
5 Elvis
6 Top Gun: Maverick
8 All Quiet on the Western Front

…to include…

quote:
The Whale

…which is unprecedented for me when Oscar time comes around.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 01:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, even though this isn't the official nominations, I'm going to start watching as many of these as I can to get a head start. At least some of the ones I've heard good things about.

Just watched The Fabelmans. It was good. More of a film for film buffs, though, and fans of Spielberg. I heard some of an interview on NPR a couple months ago with Spielberg about the movie. It was interesting. I may have to try to find it and give it another listen. Ah, this was probably it...

Fresh Air Weekend: Steven Spielberg; Black servicemen in WWII

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 01:52 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

I've seen some of them.

Everything Everywhere all at Once was my favourite film of the year. I'd like to see Michelle Yeoh win best actress but she probably won't.

The Banshees of Inisherin was disappointing tbh. It's likely only getting a nod because of success of McDonagh's previous winner, Three Billboards...

All Quiet on the Western Front I found mostly boring frankly. Other foreign made war films over the years have been far more epic and far more harrowing. Brotherhood and City of Life and Death as examples.

Avatar will undoubtedly win the fx category but it never really excelled in anything else.

Top Gun Maverick was a great feel good movie but I don't think it'll win in any particular category.

Haven't seen the rest.

Oscar bait films are becoming increasingly irrelevant, box ticking exercises.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:07 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Wonder what Will Smith will get

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:22 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Cucked again, probably.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:35 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Of all those movies, I've only seen Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Top Gun Maverick was a great feel good movie but I don't think it'll win in any particular category.

maybe best visual effects, best cinematography

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:43 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, even though this isn't the official nominations, I'm going to start watching as many of these as I can to get a head start. At least some of the ones I've heard good things about.

Just watched The Fabelmans. It was good. More of a film for film buffs, though, and fans of Spielberg. I heard some of an interview on NPR a couple months ago with Spielberg about the movie. It was interesting. I may have to try to find it and give it another listen. Ah, this was probably it...

Fresh Air Weekend: Steven Spielberg; Black servicemen in WWII

^^^Seems more interesting than I thought it was. thumb up

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

^^^Best F’ing AWESOME! yes

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 02:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've seen few of these but not sure who'll win wat

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 04:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I think:

Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh
Best Actor: Colin Farrell
Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
Best Supporting Actress: maybe Carey Mulligan?
Best Picture: idk, maybe the Fabelmans

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 04:36 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Quite likely.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 05:13 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ah, I think nominees will be announced tomorrow...

EW

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 23rd, 2023 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 03:32 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fu#k I can't get the link to work on mobile. Well anyway. Yeah, sounds like tomorrow.

Edit: (Nvm, just a strange url, got it to twerk)

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 23rd, 2023 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 03:34 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fu#k I can't get the link to work on mobile. Well anyway. Yeah, sounds like tomorrow.

Edit: (Nvm, just a strange url, got it to twerk)
Excellent!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 04:12 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Smurph
I think:

Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh
Best Actor: Colin Farrell
Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
Best Supporting Actress: maybe Carey Mulligan?
Best Picture: idk, maybe the Fabelmans
forgot about Angela Bassett - that's my guess for Best Supporting Actress

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 01:57 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So here are the Best Picture noms. I don't have the time to type em out right now...

Attachment: oscar noms.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 02:59 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So here are the Best Picture noms. I don't have the time to type em out right now...

Nothing unexpected tbh PL.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 06:04 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm actually a little relieved that I don't have to sit through Wakanda Forever. That was going to be a drag. Unless I get pretty bored I probably won't bother with it.

So The Whale isn't good enough for a Best Picture nom? I generally like Darren Aronofsky, so I'm looking forward to it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 06:16 PM
NemeBro

Ah I actually just bought the ebook of All Quiet on the Western Front and had no idea a movie came out recently. Maybe I'll read it next and then check out the movie if it's good.

Also the Oscars are for retards and child molesters.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 10:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote