KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Matrix

Matrix
Started by: Vico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vico

Matrix

Matrix: I'm pretty sure I know who two of the three main characters are based on. What do you know about the Matrix screenplay?
written in Chicago -
etc...

Old Post May 27th, 2003 04:29 AM
Vico is currently offline Click here to Send Vico a Private Message Find more posts by Vico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

Neo = Jesus? I read that somewhere. But I don't realy know.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:59 AM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galilee

Morpheous = John The Baptist.

Trinity = The 3rd point of the Holy trinity, the Holy Ghost. She may die to save Zion or become pregnent, bearing the Saviour??

Seraph = Seraph means angel in Hebrew, indicating that he could be significant in saving Zion.

Persephone = Named after a Greek goddess kidnaped from the "over world" to be the wife of "Hades"

Niobe = Greek goddess who boasted to having more children than Leto. The gods slay her children (Children of Zion???)

Last edited by Galilee on May 27th, 2003 at 11:59 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2003 11:52 AM
Galilee is currently offline Click here to Send Galilee a Private Message Find more posts by Galilee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vico

I should have been more specific in my question - the brothers commented to several people that the three main characters were based or partly based on three living people. Unfortunately, I can't go into more detail because I haven't been able to get in touch with one of the "possible" three people. If there is enough interest I'll give out more details. I'm looking for Chicago references - I'll say that much.

Regarding the earlier insights, I agree - the characters are definitely a Joycian amalgamation.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 04:42 AM
Vico is currently offline Click here to Send Vico a Private Message Find more posts by Vico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tihelatiyah

if you are looking for references in chicago, you will not find the answers unless you are willing to undergo some soul searching yourself. if you are, try the soul vegetarian restaurant on stoney island . perhaps you will be surprised.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 09:03 PM
tihelatiyah is currently offline Click here to Send tihelatiyah a Private Message Find more posts by tihelatiyah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote