KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Best Soldiers

The Best Soldiers
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
dwarves 0 0%
elfs 19 43.18%
men 15 34.09%
wizards ( i guess ) 3 6.82%
orcs 0 0%
urak-hi 3 6.82%
hobbits *laughs* 4 9.09%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Best Soldiers
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

The Best Soldiers

hey. Who do you guys think are the best soldiers? elfs,men,hobbits,dwarves

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 08:38 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

men....elves are pretty good too, and dwarves, hehehe and hobbits arent bad for their size...but men are best i think

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 08:40 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
undomiel
evenstar

i think men cuz of guys like Aragorn, Boromir, Isuldor(sp), and Elendil
they were really good fighters
but Elves are good too

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 09:47 PM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well what about gilgalad, fingolfin, feanor, mablung, beleg, fingon, sons of feanor, ecthelion, glorfindel. all where great fighters. for me it comes down to 2 things. first elves are a hardier then any other, the dont get sick, they live forever hence big time experience (unless they are killed), and second thing it depends on what they are fighting. Dwarves are particulary talented against dragons as it says in the silmarillion, but over all elves fair the best against the enemy.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 10:06 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by turin
well what about gilgalad, fingolfin, feanor, mablung, beleg, fingon, sons of feanor, ecthelion, glorfindel. all where great fighters. for me it comes down to 2 things. first elves are a hardier then any other, the dont get sick, they live forever hence big time experience (unless they are killed), and second thing it depends on what they are fighting. Dwarves are particulary talented against dragons as it says in the silmarillion, but over all elves fair the best against the enemy.

Yep!! They all have skills worthy of appraisal!!(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 02:51 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elf's are perfect archmen but the urik-ai was built for the complete annialation of the race of men. Wow that kicksass and so they have no other purpose besides destroy like the sentinals, storm troopers you name it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 04:11 AM
CaptainInsano is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

quote:
Originally posted by Verity
Yep!! They all have skills worthy of appraisal!!(please log in to view the image)

but that's just skills that come with them when they r born, not earned.
whereas men, though they r born weak, they work hard to become stronger. so they r mentally stronger too.
just look at aragorn, he fair better than most elf, even without the advantages.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:20 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Smile

I think Elves are the best soldiers but they are not warlike.

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:40 AM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

legolas is definetely hot

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:43 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by nemo
but that's just skills that come with them when they r born, not earned.
whereas men, though they r born weak, they work hard to become stronger. so they r mentally stronger too.
just look at aragorn, he fair better than most elf, even without the advantages.

Perhaps I need to rephrase that...All meaning, ALL beings of Middle earth...have skills worthy of appraisal??...I was merely supporting what was said about elves and dwarves having different skills for different situations and needs!!..No need to get upset...(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 07:23 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I dont think elves are warlike in nature, but men on the other hand are breed for it................i know elves can last longer in battle but men have the heart for it

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:27 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:57 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

quote:
Originally posted by Verity
Perhaps I need to rephrase that...All meaning, ALL beings of Middle earth...have skills worthy of appraisal??...I was merely supporting what was said about elves and dwarves having different skills for different situations and needs!!..No need to get upset...(please log in to view the image)

i'm not upset big grin
i was just saying why men r better soldier
sorry u mistook the tone.
but now that i read it again i do sound abit uptight. embarrasment
didn't mean to though big grin

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 02:24 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

and u r right, WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER ( except in this story of course )

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 02:26 AM
Danistar
Eowyn & Faramir forever!!

Of course that men!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

'Oh you won't need ink.' said professor Umbridge, with the merest suggestion of a laugh in her voice.
EXTRA LESSONS WITH SNAPE -what on earth had he done to deserve this?
Amazing, how much more difficult it was to extend his arm tvelve inches and touch her hand than it was to snatch a speeding Snitch from midair.
There are more qoutes in my profile.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 07:56 AM
Danistar is currently offline Click here to Send Danistar a Private Message Find more posts by Danistar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreeMason

Men of course...middle earth is the world of man, and a soldier fights for his home better than anything.

Therefore Men and Hobbits and Dwarves would make the best soldiers, but the latter two have several defeciencies...one is hobbits are small weak and dull-whitted on the average...and Dwarves take a long time to reproduce, they are also a bit sidetracked by gold lol...

And war IS the answer...which is why man evolved to fight it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:11 AM
FreeMason is currently offline Click here to Send FreeMason a Private Message Find more posts by FreeMason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

Men are the best fighters, but the Uruk-Hai are excellent also because they have no fear, They Ruthless, and they use Sauron's weapons against Men and Elves. Dread and Despair.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:50 AM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

MEN!thumb up

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 09:52 AM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I say men, they seam stronger, and they are good archers too and damn good swordsmen

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:37 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I think elves... cuz wizards wouldnt give very good soldiers... and elves are imho also better than men, at least until the second age.
the bad thing bout them - they are so few

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:19 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote