KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » In a fight between Gandalf the Grey and Darth Vader who would win?

In a fight between Gandalf the Grey and Darth Vader who would win?
Started by: hpxmenlotrnerd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hpxmenlotrnerd

Question In a fight between Gandalf the Grey and Darth Vader who would win?

If they fought, (mind you this is a toughie) im gonna have to say it would be gandalf. yea, vader has the force and his light saber...but Gandalf has his magic, wisdom, swords etc. I mean, nothing against vader but gandalf can set of fireworks just by blinking..c'mon he defeated a balrog!!! Definitely Gandalf...sorry Vader. What do y'all think?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 08:17 PM
hpxmenlotrnerd is currently offline Click here to Send hpxmenlotrnerd a Private Message Find more posts by hpxmenlotrnerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
username39120jo
I'm only a little big!

hmmm....Age old and wise gandalf, who has come back to life at least once,[SPOILER - highlight to read]: defeated the witch king, and balrog, wielder of Glamdring, elf-friend, head of his order,ect....against a guy who can't breathe without his hideous helmet... "THATS A TUFF 1"

but then again D V does have a light saber that can cut thru anything.

Gandalf all the way..!...!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 08:24 PM
username39120jo is currently offline Click here to Send username39120jo a Private Message Find more posts by username39120jo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hpxmenlotrnerd

Well, when you put it like that...wow, now i feel stupidstick out tongue Whoo hoo!!!! Gandalf rock

Last edited by hpxmenlotrnerd on Sep 11th, 2003 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:13 PM
hpxmenlotrnerd is currently offline Click here to Send hpxmenlotrnerd a Private Message Find more posts by hpxmenlotrnerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorthas

i think Vader, cause he does have the force, which can stop moving things, plus he can control the weak minded, there for, Gandalfs friends fight him (shadofax, etc), vader can stop fireworks, he can disarm gandalf with a wave of his hand, i mean, he kills all the jedi (almost) plus, how can gandalf block a lightsaber, its not made of anything phisical, and besides, maybe gandalf can kill a balrog, but vader can too, one of three slices.. boom... Vader wins.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:00 PM
Vorthas is currently offline Click here to Send Vorthas a Private Message Find more posts by Vorthas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silentfaf
Vengance

I say Gandalf would win this is how i see it. vader is a big metal conductor and gandalf jus needs to hit him wit lighting bolt n the b!@$% goes down

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:04 PM
silentfaf is currently offline Click here to Send silentfaf a Private Message Find more posts by silentfaf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D!sturb3D

Its gotta be Gandalf

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:56 PM
D!sturb3D is currently offline Click here to Send D!sturb3D a Private Message Find more posts by D!sturb3D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

you do know vader just needs to focus on gandalf, squuze his hand and gandalf dies, without ever seeing vader

you gotta love force choke

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:59 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

but gandalf's just awesome the force probably wouldn't have any effect on him

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:09 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Gandalf doesn't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: defeat the Witch King at all. Merry and Eowyn do.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:27 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

And Fire, I think you mean Force Grip wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:28 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

lol,well prob Vader-since he is on the dark side of the force.if it was gandlaf the white however, im sure Gandalf would win

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:18 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

i say gandalf...i mean hes a maiar and hes very strong and he was reborn into a greater and more powerful being. somehow i doubt the force will have a strong effect on someone like him

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:17 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

gandalf woud beat vader.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 05:37 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well asking this question in this section of the forum your going to get a biased opinion, but definetly gandalf man. hes a god, vader is a man, and a decrepid one at that.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:20 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

vader may have a lightsaber, but Gandalf has the ring of fire. We saw him block the Balrog fire, perhaps he could do the same with Vader.... That would be the greatest fight ever.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 04:35 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

One fight I would like to see more than that is Yoda vs The Emperor and Vader - Cause he could kick both their asses big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 06:06 PM
Dexx
wingless

it's a silly thread...but''''i'd have to say gandalf big grin. he is in the arda's powers ierarchy...he is ABOVE human. There's waay more to him than a robe and a staff

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 06:30 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

darth vadar

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 07:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinksuezo
I'm not that new!

lol this is so frigin geeky

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:06 PM
pinksuezo is currently offline Click here to Send pinksuezo a Private Message Find more posts by pinksuezo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

this is incredibly geeky, i mean who even would think darth vader would stand a chance, hehehehehe

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:29 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote