KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » bout minas

bout minas
Started by: TheMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheMan
Capatin

bout minas

you know Minas Tirath well there always talking about Ogsuilath and i dont no what that is, can some one answer my question?????

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:26 AM
TheMan is currently offline Click here to Send TheMan a Private Message Find more posts by TheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

it's the old capital of Gondor, it's right out side Minas Tirith, and it's partet op in two (A river runs trugh the city) anyway it falled to Sauron, don't know exsacly when, and now it's just ruins, it's the ruins that they where at in TTT when Faramir let Frodo go, hoped that helpedsmile

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:29 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

sorry about that quality of the picture but you get it

Attachment: osgiliath01.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:41 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

cool..............if u remember at the end of tt, frodo and sam are being held in osgiliath by faramir when it is under attack

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 01:03 AM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

hey i was right...........osgiliath is really close to Minas tirith.....i was wondering that when i saw gandalf going there in FOTR

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 01:59 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

thats what I said Arwen

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:12 AM
Felarof

so what was the relationship between minas tirith and minas morgul (or is it cirith ungol?) and how could osgilliath in between of them? I read somewhere something about them being post-guards from sauron armies, but then was overrun by the nazgul who took minas morgul as their 'home'?

Anyone know more about this?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:42 PM
Felarof is currently offline Click here to Send Felarof a Private Message Find more posts by Felarof Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

thats true Felarof

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:59 PM
Exabyte

The Tower of the Sun, Minas Anor (=Minas Tirith) and the Tower of the Moon, Minas Ithil (=Minas Morgul) were built as the White Sister Towers by the men of Gondor in SA 3320 (short before the Last Alliance) as strongholds against Sauron. Isildur had Minas Ithil, Anárion Minas Anor; in both towers was a palantír from Númenor.

But in the year TA 2002, Minas Ithil was overrun by the Nazgul who made it their fortress and spread evil over Ithilien, the land around Minas Morgul (where later Faramir and his rangers worked). The region around the tower was even feared by Sauron's servants.

Since then, Minas Ithil was called Minas Morgul, the Tower of Black Magic, and Minas Anor was called Minas Tirith or Tower of Guard.
When Osgiliath, capital of Gondor by the shores of Anduin, fell, Minas Tirith became the new capital of the Southern Kingdom.

Cirith Ungol is another tower built by Gondor (as well as Durthang and the Nelid Myrn), it's near Shelob's Lair and was used by Orks.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:59 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

perfect smile

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:01 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote