KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Favourite book

Favourite book
Started by: Izz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Izz

Favourite book

What is your favourite book?

1. The Hobbit
2. The Fellowship of the Ring
3. The Two Towers
4. The Return of the King
5. The Appendices
6. Silmarillion
7. Unfinished Tales

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:54 AM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

Sorry! Ignore this

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:55 AM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

Should have been a poll

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:55 AM
Hypernova

Okay, but for my part, I have only read LOTR and parts of the Hobbit

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:57 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Silmarillion

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:59 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

rotk

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 09:56 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I read all of it and those are all great but if I have to choose only one, I think Silmarillion. It just felt so surreal while I was reading it and I can't imagine how much of a genius Tolkien was for coming up with everything that are in that book.

But "The Lord of the Rings" books should still have an honorary mention for me. smile

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Oct 15th, 2003 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 10:22 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnys#1 fan
SuperJohnnyFan

I'm just starting LOTR books but so far I really like the two towers

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me..A day will come when the courage of men fail..when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day..THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

I Love Johnny Depp love

loveIcan't carry it for you but i can carry youlove

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 10:48 PM
johnnys#1 fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnnys#1 fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnnys#1 fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

As this thread doesn't seem to be ignored anyway, I'll give my opinion too.
I like the Appendices very much, I think the tale of Aragorn and Arwen is so beautiful, it still makes me cry. Too bad it's only so short.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 11:28 AM
Exabyte

The Lays of Beleriand

The Silmarillion

RoTK

Unfinished Tales

Not in the right order I think... o I just could name all books of Tolkien as my fav Tolkien-books smile

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 01:16 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Lord of the Rings (it is 1 book - albeit a f00kin' big one split up into smaller parts).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 01:28 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

how is The Appendices a book?
i thought it's part of the return of the king.
and that's my fav book. i think it's the most exciting and captivating of the three books.
the silmarillion, althought a great book, was a bit complicating and hard to read.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 05:11 PM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

Return of the king is also my fav. I've never read the silmarillion. I'm sure it is cool, but I think it's too complicated for me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 05:15 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

silmarillion!~!!!!!!!!!

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 11:15 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

ROTK

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 07:17 AM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

ROTK and Appendices big grin

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 08:21 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

Well, the Appendices aren't really a book no, it's one book together with FotR, tTT and RotK, but I split it up, so there was a bit of a choice.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 06:59 PM
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

all the LOTR's books, Hobbit and Silmarillion...

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 07:22 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Difficult to say what's my fav as theyre all so good... but I still think it's the Lays of Beleriand.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 07:56 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

Lays of Beleriand?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 10:23 PM