KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Did Arwen really live Middle-Earth?

Did Arwen really live Middle-Earth?
Started by: jennyanderson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jennyanderson
The Author

Did Arwen really live Middle-Earth?

Those of us who have read the whole of LOTR book (no matter how boring it was) knows that Arwen is not suppose to have left Middle Earth.
I'm thinking maybe she tricked her father into thinking that she has gone for good (because he is such a stubborn git, and wouldn't stop pestering her) so that she could sneak out and fight along side Aragorn, after all, we have seen that she has skills, and was very brave in protecting Frodo from those Nazgul. What do you think will happen when she and Eowyn comes face to face? What about our poor Aragorn? He will be torn between this two woman, how do you think will he react? We all know that he marries Arwen in the end and lives happily ever after; in the book it is said that Aragorn only feels pity for Eowyn, but in the movie he actually has some feelings for Eowyn. In the book Arwen and Eowyn never came face to face, don't you think it will be interesting just to see how they react when they do? Arwen is not stupid, she is an Elf kind after all, and it will be a matter of minutes before she realizes whats going on between Aragorn and Eowyn, what do you think will the outcome be?
I want to hear all of your opinions guys, about weather Arwen has really gone, weather my prediction is correct or not. And mostly, what are your predictions.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 10:52 AM
jennyanderson is currently offline Click here to Send jennyanderson a Private Message Find more posts by jennyanderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazzle

No she dosnt leave she is in the 3rd film(seen a little clip of her and her dad and he tells her isnt gonna protect her now and walks away turning his back on his daughter) she dosnt want to leave as she says THERE IS STILL HOPE!!! but i think this film will b very interesting with this love triangle but i dont think Eowyn has a chance with Aragorn he loves Arwen to much with all the flash backs of her in the second film u can tell he still loves her and no1 else but we will see in the next film if he has a change of heart.

Kazzle

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 11:09 AM
Kazzle is currently offline Click here to Send Kazzle a Private Message Find more posts by Kazzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Eowyn's a Rohirrim human, not very long lived (only likely to get a quarter of a royal numenorean descendant lifespan) Arwen was described as being impossibly beautiful which probably could not even now be contrived with live action.

So Eowyn stands no chance whatsoever! If nothing else. she will have died of old age before Aragorn has any grey hairs!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 01:39 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

She won't leave Middle-earth she'll turn back against her father's will, become mortal (scene in the trailers w/ the red dress) and travel to Gondor w/ her father and bring Aragorn Andúril in the 3rd film big grin (my prediction)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 02:40 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

yes i agree with u exa...i definetly think she will stay, but her and eowyn will not hate nor like each other

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 05:00 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

well duh she will stay...............didn't u see the tiny pic floating around with Arwen in her wedding dress.
There is even going to be a doll in the same dress released later this year i think.

Arwen is staying and becomes the Queen of gondor

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 09:22 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

it has definately been conformed that they have shot the wedding scene, she's not going anywhere, but Eowyn does stand a chance against arwen, i remember somethin in the third book when faramir tells her that her beauty is comparable to elves, not that arwen and aragorn getting married has anything to do with that...

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 11:14 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

I think that Arwen will end up staying for whatever reason, going to Gondor, and marrying Aragorn, who (in the book at least) never really loved Eowyn, she just loved him. And unless something is majorly screwed Eowyn will be marrying Faramir. I also don't think they'll be an Arwen/Eowyn confrontation. Oh, and if Arwen fights I will be very mad because she's the princess one and Eowyn is the warrior. But that's just my opinion. big grin

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:52 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

in the movie aragorn does have "feelings" toward eowyn... remember, at the time of him meeting her, he had already thought that arwen was on her way to valinor, so don't diss him for that, but i at first, i think that tolkien was going to have eowyn and aragorn marry, but then he was going to kill eowyn by the witch-king and then she lived but he just decided that arwen should marry him, the predictable path of aragorn's love... angel

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 12:41 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

big grin big grin

I don't think he really does have certain feelings for Eowyn in the film... it's like in the book, but how can you express that in a film? And how not to make it look ridiculous?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 04:18 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

well, on reviews, and on the trailer it shows that he does have some feels toward her...

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 01:17 AM
JD05

Smile

Of course Aragorn will marry Arwen. If Aragorn marries Eowyn will throw off the movie (not all of it). Also I hope Arwen fights cause I think she got some skills to show off, like she did in The Fellowship of the Ring. Eowyn is cool but Arwen is way better, not just becasue she has cool powers but she looks hottttttt.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 01:08 AM
JD05 is currently offline Click here to Send JD05 a Private Message Find more posts by JD05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aragorn#1
Aragorn's Angel

I agree Arwens way better! if you look at the ttt ee the appendices then they were gonna have Arwen come fight at Helms deep at Aragorns side, Liv trained for it and they shot it but they pulled it out and then put the flash backs in so i think and hope Arwen fights in rotk

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:25 AM
Aragorn#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Aragorn#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Aragorn#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

It's saíd that she'll be in the battle on Pelennor...
But I'm not sure if she really fights.

I'm so glad she didn't fight in TT...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:13 AM
Aragorn#1
Aragorn's Angel

Why it looked real cool it showed small clips well i guess it would be weared its way way way different from the books

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:08 AM
Aragorn#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Aragorn#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Aragorn#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote