KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » I just got the 5 disc two towers edition....

I just got the 5 disc two towers edition....
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I just got the 5 disc two towers edition....

Yeah, not only did I get it a week before release, but I got it for 18 bucks.

Glitch in the computers at work, it was priced at 18 bucks rather then 70 for some reason, so me and my manager capitolized on the oppurtunity and totally broke the rules.

Finally, I feel as though I screwed blockbuster, much like it's screwed me before..

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

Cool! That is so cheap. It is expected to be around AU$150 here!!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:02 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadow link
aka mr terwilleger

but wasnt fellowship extended edition 60 or 70 AUD$

sheesh 5 discs even better!!!!!

personallly im wating for the extended edition super platinum box set coz it will have maximum special effects- like 14 discs and will probable be cheaper

but i dont know if i can wait that long, we already went out and bought fellowship video but thsats the video

WORLD JUGGLING DAY JUNE 19

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:56 AM
shadow link is currently offline Click here to Send shadow link a Private Message Find more posts by shadow link Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by shadow link
personallly im wating for the extended edition super platinum box set coz it will have maximum special effects- like 14 discs and will probable be cheaper

Or not.

Wow..that's damned awesome backfire, have you had a chance to peep it, if so: how is it?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:06 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

COOL

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:39 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

70 bucks is just plain ridiculous...I don't know how i'm going to bring myself to spend that much money on one movie. I can't possibly imagine what they could fill 5 discs with, either.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:03 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

I'm wondering about that too... They've pretty much told everything in the FotR extended edition. There will be some new things, but enough to fill a second extra disc?

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:12 PM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by mah
Or not.

Wow..that's damned awesome backfire, have you had a chance to peep it, if so: how is it?

Not yet Mah, I'll be watching it shortly though, I got today off, no plans, I'll just sit back and enjoy two towers today.

The 5th disc is really cool though, It's all about the creation of Gollum, and it comes with a book and everything, really awesome.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

quote:
Originally posted by nephalim27
70 bucks is just plain ridiculous...I don't know how i'm going to bring myself to spend that much money on one movie. I can't possibly imagine what they could fill 5 discs with, either.

Amen. it shouldn't be that much, and why would you pay that much just to get it a week early, i know that it's cool getting it a week early, but still.... that's just dumb... i'd get it for 18 bucks though!

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 02:28 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Bah, the manager somehow found out I got it for so cheap and now she's going to try to make me pay the actual price. I don't even know if she can, since I paid the price set in the computer.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 02:33 AM
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

that stinks

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 02:41 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Wow, a whole disc just for gollum.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 12:04 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Yes, the SEE has two discs for the film, two discs for specials (makingof etc) and one more disc just for Gollum... the edition with the gollum-disc also contains a gollum-statue and a rohan-necklace smile

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 12:18 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aragorn#1
Aragorn's Angel

wow i want and i want now damit, o well, but i m willing to spend almost any $ for lotr

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:58 PM
Aragorn#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Aragorn#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Aragorn#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Re: I just got the 5 disc two towers edition....

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, not only did I get it a week before release, but I got it for 18 bucks. Glitch in the computers at work, it was priced at 18 bucks rather then 70 for some reason, so me and my manager capitolized on the oppurtunity and totally broke the rules.
Wow! Good for u!! I can't wait 'til the 18th!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 12:40 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The gollum disc is just about the creation of the Statue (and the matching piece) you get with it. The First Extended Edition Behind the Scenes was for FOTR only, now they will be telling it for TTT...there is LOTS to tell big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:29 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
The gollum disc is just about the creation of the Statue (and the matching piece) you get with it. The First Extended Edition Behind the Scenes was for FOTR only, now they will be telling it for TTT...there is LOTS to tell big grin

Yikes!! Happy Dance ur making me nervous!! eek!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:14 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

quote:
Originally posted by shadow link
but wasnt fellowship extended edition 60 or 70 AUD$

sheesh 5 discs even better!!!!!

but i dont know if i can wait that long, we already went out and bought fellowship video but thsats the video

When do you think the platinum box set will come out?

Sorry, I was thinking of the Gift Set. For FOTR it was around AU$145-150

Now it makes sense why the statue that comes with the Gift Set is Gollum!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:55 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Platinum box...?

The Gift Set of TT will be far more expensive than FoTR, especially in Europe.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:57 AM
Hypernova

I hope not that much more expensive.

That was not the first time I heard about the Platinum box. Some guy at the vidoe store said one was going to come out sometime in the future which includes the complete trilogy.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 09:02 AM