KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Is every orc once an Elf?

Is every orc once an Elf?
Started by: ElvesRule24/7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ElvesRule24/7

Is every orc once an Elf?

Are every Orc that lives in Middle-Earth at one time Elves?? The orcs in Moria were they Elves at one time also??? Or is it just the Urk-hui and Sauron's orc's that were once elves. Cause is every orc in middle earth was once an elf, than that's a hell of a lot of captured elves.

Thanks ya'll

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:50 AM
ElvesRule24/7 is currently offline Click here to Send ElvesRule24/7 a Private Message Find more posts by ElvesRule24/7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Not every orc was once an elf. In fact I'm assuming all those died a waaay long time ago. Most Orcs are grown like the Uruk Hai were in LOTR. However I can't account for Orcs like Bolg who had a "son".

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 03:04 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

The orcs are their own race. They are like Men are to Chimpanzees, not knowing proper ancestory, if you get what I mean. The race of Orcs originally came from Elves, but only the original Orcs were once Elves.

Which, may I add, was a looooooong time ago.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 05:13 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Melkor twisted and tortured the elves and turned them into Orcs as mockery towards them.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:15 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

melkor craeted orcx from elves, as a mockery and once he had quite a few he just mated them, and they mate to make more, not every orc is an ex-elf although they all will have elves way way way way way back in ancestory

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:11 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chapel

the question is are they immortal like Elves?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:03 PM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

The real question is are Orcs immortal...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:04 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i dont think so, well no or yes

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:05 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Little is known for certain of the beginnings of the Orcs, the footsoldiers of the Enemy. It is said that they were in origin corrupted Elves captured by Melkor before the beginning of the First Age. In appearance, Orcs were squat, swarthy creatures. Most of them preferred the darkness, being blinded by the light of the Sun, but the kinds bred later in the Third Age such as the Uruk-hai could endure the daylight.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:06 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I just realized that peter jackson crafted the Uruk breeding scenes in the building. They never say how they were bred in the books do they?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 09:54 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

orcs and men

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 09:59 PM
Chapel

I remember reading somewhere that Tolkien once wrote that the Orcs were created from Elves and would thus have the same natural lifespan but the twisted & evil way of life they lead would short their life expectancy considerably

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 10:05 PM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

No, you misunderstood me Sauron. I meant the specific scene with the mud and stuff under Isengaard

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 10:47 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Melkor turned a few elves into orcs in mockery and so they mate and this whole breed comes about...Uruks, I'm not sure, one time I thought that Saruman created the Uruks from Orcs I also believed that they were dead orcs who formed into Uruks.

*shrugs* Sauron's got it pretty much down packed

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:21 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

no gabriel i know what you mean, uruks in the book are orcs and men bred together

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:25 PM
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

I think that Orcs could live for a long time, but like elves they can die by steal, is that right?

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 05:49 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

No, Orcs are not immortal - elves are immortal because they are bound to the earth, and they are immortal as long as the earth lives. They can be parted from it but their spirits always will return to Arda through Mandos' halls; they love earth and earth loves them.
Thats quite different with the Orcs who hate the earth and so are most probably not bound to it anymore, kinda like Men, so that that can die and be parted from the world, but when the world fails, elves will die and men survive, thats the "gift of mortality"...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:54 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah but men arent parted from earth because they hate it, it is a gift, the gift of Ilúvatar to his Younger Children, allowing them to go beyond the confines of the World. After death, Mortal Men were gathered in the Halls of Mandos, and then departed from the World for a destination unknown even to the Valar. Whereas all other beings in Arda, including the Valar themselves, were bound to the World and its fate, the Gift freed Men from this destiny, allowing them to shape their own lives as they wished.

Those Men with the greatest understanding treated death as the Gift it was originally intended to be, and when their time came gladly gave themselves up to it. We see this, for example, in the earlier Kings of Númenor, and Aragorn also accepted the Gift at the natural end of his life.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:35 PM
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

Elves turning into orcs..... that's just a disturbing idea. Melkor was pretty twisted for doing it in the first place.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:57 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

well nothing evil can crate new life, he needed an army, elves were the only possibility, they are strong, long life spans, agile and do not tire

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:04 PM