KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Melkor's Servants

Who was Morgoth/Melkor's most fearsome servant?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sauron 10 58.82%
Orcs 0 0%
Ungoliant 1 5.88%
Balrogs 3 17.65%
Dragons 3 17.65%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Melkor's Servants
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Question Melkor's Servants

I think that Sauron was easily his best servant, although the Orcs come close, having outlived even Sauron.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:52 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I think that Ungoliant, even Melkor was afraid of her, he had to call for the balrogs too deal with her

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:13 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

I'm sorry, but who is Ungoliant? I'm reading The Silmarillion right now, but I haven't picked up and read it for about 3 days.

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:29 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

she a giant spider, who aids Melkor in doing... want me to tell u?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:35 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

ungoliant ate some silmarills me thinks and she betrayed melkor. sauron was easily Morgoth's best servant. they even made a movie about him smile

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:02 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

oh by the way, you forgot Gothmog, I think he could have taken sauron in a fight

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:04 AM
ilvorlandobloom

is Ungoliant Shelob?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:14 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Ungoliant was the monstrous and gigantic Spider that lived in Avathar, an unhabited wasteland between the Pelóri Mountains of Valinor and the cold sea of the south. Probably a corrupted Maia spirit in her beginnings, Ungoliant was the vilest creature ever to exist in Arda. She possessed the power to weave a web of darkness, called the UNlight of Ungoliant. At Melkor's bidding, Ungoliant poisoned and destroyed the Trees of the Valar. Then Melkor and Ungoliant fled to Middle-earth, where they fell to fighting one another over the Silmarils. So great was Ungoliant's evil power that Melkor himself might have been overcome had his legion of Balrogs not driven her off. Ungoliant fled to the Valley of the Dead at the foot of the Mountains of Terror in Beleriand where she vred with the spider-like creatures there, and created a monstrous brood of giant Spiders. Later, Ungoliant wandered south into the deserts of Harda, where - finding nothing else to eat - she consumed herself

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 08:38 AM
Exabyte

As no one else seems to like Dragons, I voted for them... at least in the first age you hear more about them than sauron who just becomes important when he isnt really morgoths servant anymore.

Shelob is Ungoliants last daughter
but she isnt a good servant as morgoth feared her himself

In the Silmarillion it says that legend tells about Ungoliant devouring herself in hunger but in the manuscripts for the lay of earendil, tolkien writes that Earendil killed her on his journeys to the south.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 11:59 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

no ungoliant is not shelob, shelob is one of her decendants.

ungoliant does not eat the silmarils, morgoth hires her help in exchange he will reward her 'from both hands' and when he has the silmarils in his right hand, he feeds her less important jewels from the left, when he refuses her the simarils she attacks him, he screams (<<<HA!!) and his balrogs come to aid

i vote sauron, after morgoth he is the only one who does something with his life

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:20 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

this should be in the trivia forum
answer:sauron

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:02 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah i mean tottally me, i mean who else did something with their life after morgoths defeat

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:06 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

laughing

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:11 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i mean dragpns slept, otcs hid, barogs took it too far and got themselves killed to the point of near extinction, ungoliant just eat, and eat, and eat, but sauron whey he became lord of the rings, then after that he became disembodied force of evil, theres no stopping this guy

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:32 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

thumb up and then he got awesome servent ringwraith things thumb up

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:32 PM
The Inkeeper

yeah i mean beat that

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:37 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

ringwraiths can!! not only are they highly gulibe to exteme sorces of evil, they know the latest middel earth fashions!! eek!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:41 PM
The Inkeeper

yes, ......latest...fashions.......that explains why they wear black robes

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:43 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

eek! yes they are the world's best trend setters!! haven't you ever seen those goth peopl running down the street?! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:46 PM
Exabyte

Definitely trendsetters - just look at the intelligent cut of their robes

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:51 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote