KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The dumbest thing you've heard about LOTR

The dumbest thing you've heard about LOTR
Started by: shadowy_blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shadowy_blue

The dumbest thing you've heard about LOTR

Mine would be..

ROTK during the spider scene
some girl: god this is such a rip off of Harry Potter

(BAH! Stupid people. There's a HUGE difference between Shelob and Aragog!! I think someone should go back and tell me which came first!! ...) mad

at the end of FOTR
man: so whats happens
His wife: I think the director is banking too much on a sequel

Another one...one of my friends' mom said at the end..."I thought that was supposed to be a giant snake" (shelob) I know she hasn't read the books since she was 16 which was a good 30 years ago BUT COME ON!!

Whenever Frodo smiles at Sam, one of the kids at the back asks his mom, "Mom, is Frodo gay?"

When Gwaihir and his brothers came to the Black Gate, one of my friends yelled, "WTF did they come from?!? Ive never seen them before!!" (THIS coming from someone who's seen all 3 films and read the books)

After FOTR, someone said, "Where are those two going anyway, what's there mission?"

During Two Towers, someone said, "Why is everyone calling Boromir Aragorn?, didn't Aragorn die in the first movie?"

"I hear this is the last one."

"This is the one with the guy from POTC"

"Well, they left that open for a sequel."

What's yours??

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Dec 24th, 2003 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:19 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Omg!! Those are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Well....my friend said she refuses to go to see LotR because she's afraid that it'll help beat HP in Top Box Office...I kinda went like '.....'

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:23 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

"Isn't the LOTR for like..... *silence*..... geeks?"

"I wonder if that elf has a girlfriend in that wooded place." Yes I have heard that.

"This would make a really good book." UM..... ok. Which pill did u skip?

"I'll just wait and rent it." R U CRAZY????

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:36 AM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Did someone actually say the one about it making a good book, lol?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:49 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

Seriously!!! It was a girl who was setting in front of me last year at TTT. My guess is that she had been living in a box for the last two years and had no idea where she was.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:59 AM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

omg!! how stupid could that girl be lol..lol..lol

I saw rotk tonight for the 2nd time and I was sooo mad when ppl were asking the person they were with is "frodo if gay" mad that made me sooo mad i wanted to shout NO FRODO IS NOT GAY WITH SAM!!!! grrrrrr.......it makes me mad!

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:16 AM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

oops is "frodo Gay"

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:16 AM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i can see how they can make that assumption... it's just the way they stare into each other's eyes... i'm not saying they're gay... i know they are not gay... they are just good-- very good friends... some say soul mates...

and i think that it was desperation in their eyes... that they feel they are alone and their death is near... that is why they look at each other that deeply...

anyways...

i heard this one guy ask his buddy if frodo was gonna be in the movie...
and if the ring still existed...
and what the hell the movie is about...

puny human mad ...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:26 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

OMG. Ppl are so funny.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:38 AM
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by kalantiaw
i can see how they can make that assumption... it's just the way they stare into each other's eyes... i'm not saying they're gay... i know they are not gay... they are just good-- very good friends... some say soul mates...

I know they're not, the movie does sometimes does make you think it, like Frodo always says "My dear Sam" and stuff like that, and even after the Ring was destroyed (when they all met up again), he still looked at Sam like that way. When Sam came to the door, they both stared at each other for a few seconds, but they're just good friends. yes

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Dec 24th, 2003 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:04 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

They share a special bond.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:27 AM
Member.

"Dude, what's up with the ending?" ~ end of FOTR

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 07:45 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

"Why do the elves have long hair?"
"wtf was that round ball thing that Merry looked into?" they actually called Pippin Merry....
"Why does everyone want the ring?"
i have some pretty clueless friends...
"Didnt they make a book after this?"

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:37 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

I overheard some guys talking about Gandalf.. "Who was that really old guy with the staff?"

I heard people cry during the scenes of Shelob.

I even heard some guy ask who the really ugly thing was. (Gollum/Smeagol)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:54 AM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

haha, really ugly thing...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:57 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

my friend who refuses to watch them visited me while I was watching fotr and he asked me"is that dumbeldor?" when he seen gandolf!

the same friend said to me "this is about dungeons and dragons right?"

I swear the whole visit I wanted to slap him!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 09:02 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

i would have really slaped him... dungeons and dragons... lmao

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 09:06 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

lol I told him yea it is "I knew it was a losing battle" laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 09:09 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I would have taken the REAL Dungeons and Dragons movie and turned it to the side and shoved it straight up his ass.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 09:11 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The dumbest thing I've heard is from the people who complain abou thow the film is unfaithful too the books. Like they can't grasp the simple fact that film and book are two completely different mediums that can't be compared, like TV and Radio. They take totally different aspects to be good, what makes a book good, won't make a movie good, infact, it will probably make a movie bad, which accounts for so many movies that are crappy, yet still faithful to the book the story originated from.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 09:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote