KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Into the West

Into the West
Started by: orlandoOYEA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

Into the West

Does anyone else ABSOULUTLEY love this song. It is so good, I think it should win the award for best original song most definatley. I almost cried when i heard it for the first time.

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:29 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Re: Into the West

quote:
Originally posted by orlandoOYEA
Does anyone else ABSOULUTLEY love this song.

Yes I do smile

And all is turned... to silver glass............ *sniff*

Here the whole text:

Lay down
your sweet and weary head
Night is falling,
you have come to journey's end.
Sleep now,
and dream of the ones who came before.
They are calling
from across the distant shore.

Why do weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
all of your fears will pass away,
safe in my arms
you're only sleeping.

What can you see
on the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
a pale moon rises --
The ships have come to carry you home.

Dawn will turn
to silver glass
A light on the water
All souls pass.

Hope fades
into the world of night
through shadows falling
out of memory and time.
Don't say,
"We have come now to the end."
White shores are calling
you and I will meet again.

And you'll be here in my arms
Just sleeping.

What can can you see
on the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
a pale moon rises --
The ships have come to carry you home.

And all will turn
to silver glass
A light on the water
Grey ships pass
Into the west.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:31 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

thats a great song

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:33 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Yesssssss Into the West in my opinion was the best ending song out of all of the 3 LotR movies. I didn't really care for Gollum's song, but Enya's was good also.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:34 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

I had the total pic of Frodo leaving in my head when it was sang
TEARSA

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:35 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Melani
<3

it is a beautful song

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 09:40 PM
Melani is currently offline Click here to Send Melani a Private Message Find more posts by Melani Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
~Forbidden*Innocence~

The first time i heard it * haven't seen movies* I cried...I could picture what was happening... I cried, it's so sad,but such a compelling song..... I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

my soul cries for deliverance
will i be denied
Christ
tourniquet
my suicide

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:41 AM
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT is currently offline Click here to Send PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT a Private Message Find more posts by PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elenelda
Princess of Lorien

It is *sniff* so sad!
One think that makes me homesick is when it talks about the ship carrying you home. The wierd thing is, I was in my room when I felt homesick. It seems like I don't have a home, and *suddenly getting annoyed with herself* why on earth am I telling this to you? I am an idiot, don't mind me.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:24 AM
Elenelda is currently offline Click here to Send Elenelda a Private Message Find more posts by Elenelda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Suzuka

The first time I heard it, I was already crying actually (it was on Trilogy Tuesday) and we had to leave early (cause it was like 2 am) so I didn't get to listen to it, and I went back the next day (well, 8 hours later stick out tongue) and listened to it during the credits and was like "whoa, this stinks, it's too sad!" but then again, it's not really sad, because it's saying that Sam will be able to follow later (and he does...sorry if i ruined it for anyone stick out tongue) but yes, good song, though I like Pip's a lot too

"Hip hip"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:42 AM
Suzuka is currently offline Click here to Send Suzuka a Private Message Find more posts by Suzuka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

I read an article the other day about a boy (ah I wish I could remember his name) that worked on the lotr. He was young and he had cancer, he died during the filming. Fran has said that when she was writing Into the West that she was thinking of him. I cried when I read teh article. At the end of the ROTK the movie is dedicated to him.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:06 AM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Suzuka

That's sad, but cool to know...plus dedicated to PJ's parents and other people i don't know stick out tongue

"Hip hip"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:08 AM
Suzuka is currently offline Click here to Send Suzuka a Private Message Find more posts by Suzuka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Hey Aurora, we never really got to see Fran's face have we?? I've never seen Fran, I've only heard her voice in the Commentary.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:32 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

No she stays out of the spotlight.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:39 AM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Suzuka

actually, at theonering.net there's pics of here...go to the scrap book and go to Fran Welsh smile it's pretty easy...though she does stay out of the spot light mostly, that's true

"Hip hip"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:51 AM
fini
Hurricane stalker

really??

hmmm in the EE remember PJ said that one of them had to public and the other be perfectly private..........so she chose to be the one behind the scenes

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 03:49 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

I must admit that when I first heard it, I was a little doubtful, believing it to sound too modern (I know I'm terrible, but I thought the same about Gollum's Song too, which I now also adore)...however, now that I have heard it all the way through, I think it is beautiful.

'Don't say,
"We have come now to the end."
White shores are calling
you and I will meet again.'

Those lines especially - they make me nearly cry, because I can just imagine Frodo saying them to Sam before he leaves...

Lovely, a real inspirationsmile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 03:57 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

quote:
Originally posted by LegolasIsMyMan
... I cried, it's so sad,but such a compelling song..... I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

ooh, me too me too!!! it's such a great song, listen to it at midnight, its even cooler, i usually listen to the soundtrack to get me to sleep at night, that song is so cool and great and AAAH it deserves an oscar, or a golden globe, or something

may it be was a pretty cool song too, enya and annie lennox did like perfect jobs on these songs

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 06:25 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

when i first heard Annie Lenox was gonna sing the song 4 rotk i was terrified! all i could see was her singin some upbeat techno song like:
"these dreams are made of these/ I've sailed the world and the 7 seas"
*blah*
but she did the song so well in rotk.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:19 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

How the song comes out usually depends on how it's written and if it follows the music that plays with it.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:40 PM
Pipage558
Movie Freak!

i love that song! its really sad! i was crying during it!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 11:28 PM
Pipage558 is currently offline Click here to Send Pipage558 a Private Message Find more posts by Pipage558 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote