KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Age Information

Age Information
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

Age Information

Very strange that Aragorn is 87, I wonder how old he was when we saw Arwen looking onto the dead king in Elronds view....

I am not 100% sure about what form of man he is, Eowyn mentioned that he is from a dying race which there is few left of his kind. Is it half elf and half man?

Discos - Exa?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:23 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

The dead king? At the age of 210 years.

Not half elf, but a bit elven blood in his veins smile He's the very far heir of Elros, the brother of Elrond, who was a real half-elf (as Elrond also is) but chose mortal life, while Elrond preferred living as an elf (all this lies back in the First Age about 6500 years before the War of the Ring)

Eowyn is talking about the Dúnedain; these are the heirs of the former Kings of Arnor, the Lost Kingdom. It was founded shortly after Gondor by Elendil and his sons Anárion and Isildur (well, rather Isildur; Anárion stayed in Gondor).
About 1000 years before the War of the Ring, Arnor was broken after several attacks of the armies of the Witchking; afterwards, only few survived and lived in the woods, called the "Rangers" or the "Dúnedain", and the heirs of the son of the Last King Arvedui of Arnor were the Lords of the Dúnedain - Aragorn was the last of them and reunited the kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor and was king in both.

(strange how often the word "last" occurs is this post big grin big grin and even more if I would add that Elendil was the son of the last of the Lords of Andúnie in Númenor and one of the few who survived the drowning of Númenor and came to middle-earth................)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:33 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well it would take a lot of explanation, but there is some elf blood in him. Long ago there were 3 households of men that aided the valar in the battles of that time, well as a reward they were granted their own land and longer life then any other man. all there ancestors have the same gift but as there blood becomes mingled with lesser blood that extra long life is getting shorter. the people of gondor are the same though more heavily mixed with other houses of men.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:34 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

hmmmmmm anyone that read the books can answer that question.

but alas exa got here before me, so there's not much to say after her.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 11:24 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Duuuuuuude Aragorn is 88!!!! PJ got that WRONG! >.< He's 88!!!

Actually Aragorn came from a long line of race called the Numenoreans which had a life-span of 300 years, but after the fall of the Numenoreans their life span grew smaller, Aragorn's a descendant of the Numenoreans. smile

Just to add onto what Exa ranted on about up there.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 11:46 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

i thot in the book he was 50. maybe i was wrong. i read the little arwen/aragorn story in the index and i worked out that he was fifty. ok i guess i really shouldnt be in hight math

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 02:53 AM
Nobody'sGirl is currently offline Click here to Send Nobody'sGirl a Private Message Find more posts by Nobody'sGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

big grin
He was twenty when he first met Arwen... but he lived in the wilderness long, long decades...

I also think he should have been 88 in this scene since his birthday is on the 1st of March.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 08:24 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rianna_d

well, when they first met Aragorn was only a baby to her eyes, he was 20 years old, he fell in love with her but then he had to leave Rivendell and didn't saw Arwen again in 30 years, that's when they met again in Lothlórien and ARwen finally fell in love with the man, so he was 50 when they got engaged on the Hill of Cerin Amroth. Aragorn was 88 when he was crowned King, and died when he was 210 years old, but not because he was too old, but because he didn't wanted to wither and he restored the ancient gift that the old Kings once had, to choose the time of their own death, so he fell asleep and died peacefully.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 08:26 AM
rianna_d is currently offline Click here to Send rianna_d a Private Message Find more posts by rianna_d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

87-88, same thing. and he went a hella lot of places.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 08:27 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Aragorn turned 88 when he was in Fangorn. Guess they don't celebrate birthdays like the Hobbits do.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 03:06 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

well they couldnt could they, imagine finding out your party tree was a disgruntled ent stick out tongue

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 03:08 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

LOL, true

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 03:10 PM
The Inkeeper

although you could calm him down alot, by giving him an oversized novelty party hat, and an awful lot of weed, (not pipe weed) stick out tongue

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 03:19 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote