KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Mouth of Sauron

The Mouth of Sauron
Started by: zombieman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zombieman
The Undead

The Mouth of Sauron

This scene is 100% gaurenteed to be on the extended dvd of ROTK, i know this because they cast an actor to play the part. Quite looking forward to seeing this. Also, i reckon the stand off between the Witch King and Gandalf will have to been in there because they kind of built it up but it never came.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 12:08 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

Yea, i also think the house of healing will be cause it definatley was shot

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 12:12 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Anyone else got any ideas of what will appear on the dvd? I think PJ will have to put Farimir's proposal to Eowin in there.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 12:58 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hrh_jennifer
Daydream believer

O.K. I have seen pictures on theonering.net of Aragorn in the houses of healing with Faramir, so that bit should be in, yes.
The mouth of Sauron, as you say was cast and is also in the X-box game so that should be in.
Let's see what else? Oh, yes Merry giving Theoden his allegiance, 'cos that was on the trailers, as was the line "we shall see the Shire again, Pippin"
Also I think Gandalf does fight the Witch King because of the build up as you say, and also because soemwhere in the film he loses his staff and I read somewhere that that happens during his fight with the Witch King.
At one point near the end Frodo says, to Sam "you cannot always be torn in two" so perhaps the conversation where Sam is feeling tor in two will be there.
What I would love to be in it, is the end of everyone's stories, i.e. Legolas and Gimli exploring Middle Earth together, Faramir and Eowyn, what happens to Merry and Pippin, Sam becoming Mayor, but most importantly, Sam sailing to the Undying Lands, that was my only comfort in the book, that Sam would get to see Frodo again! (oops, is that a spoiler?!)
Jen

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 01:17 PM
hrh_jennifer is currently offline Click here to Send hrh_jennifer a Private Message Find more posts by hrh_jennifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

I hope the house of healing gets into the EE they did set it up with showing Merry and Eowyn being all hurt after stabing the Witch King.
I loved that part in the book so heres to hoping

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 02:17 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I thought it was criminal that PJ left Farimir's proposal. Both Farimir and Eowyn have suffered losses (Denethor and Theoden) and the fact the find each other ties that element of the story up, it should have been in.

I dont think he will include Sams jurney to the undying lands since it was in the appendix and 40 odd years later.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:06 PM
johnnywot

i dont know he might have some reference to Sam going to the undying lands. well he had references to Aragorn dying and shots of him dead so nething is possible.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:54 PM
johnnywot is currently offline Click here to Send johnnywot a Private Message Find more posts by johnnywot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

i think there should def be some mention about eowyn and faramirs proposal....but i can see why it was cut

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:57 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samIam
yahooo!

me neither!!! i was soso sad that was like my favorite part in the book ... and the scouring of the shire ... but I am sad about that ... I mean it is sso important !!!!

i love my Samlove

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 04:43 PM
samIam is currently offline Click here to Send samIam a Private Message Find more posts by samIam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

erm, in the actual Trailer we get to see Eomar crying a bit over Eowyn (I think), and also in the advert we get to see (when aragorn is fighting the troll outside the black gate) Legolas shouts "ARAGORN!" and leans over an orc.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:07 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i think that the scouring will be in and i have very good reasons too *gets ready for an outcry*

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 07:28 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
i think that the scouring will be in and i have very good reasons too *gets ready for an outcry*

PJ said the scouring was not even filmed so it would be impossible to show that part. He said he never liked that part of the book.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 08:30 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingOfGondor292
Aragorn Rox My Socks

.. I think a lot will be in the EE

~House Of Healing
~"We shall see the shire again"
~more about eowyn and faramir
~Sam riding over the sea
~Mouth Of Sauron

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fail... when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship but it is not this day. This day, we fight!" <~~~ Aragorn, ROTK

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 09:02 PM
KingOfGondor292 is currently offline Click here to Send KingOfGondor292 a Private Message Find more posts by KingOfGondor292 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ATM4eternity

I hope to see the mouth but something else i was hopin for that they MIGHT put in the EE that im hoping they do is having Beregond in there. Cause i always liekd him in the book and was hopin to see him in the movie. I thought that might have been him tho(the gondor warrior with a few lines and u notice him alot)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 09:53 PM
ATM4eternity is currently offline Click here to Send ATM4eternity a Private Message Find more posts by ATM4eternity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

well pj said he did like the part its his fave

i think it will be in as it is shown in fotr in galadriels mirror, why would they film that for a 2 second shot?

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 09:58 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ATM4eternity

in the MOVIE tho galadriel says sumthing that makes it just sound like that is what will happen IF frodo fails to destroy the ring

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 10:03 PM
ATM4eternity is currently offline Click here to Send ATM4eternity a Private Message Find more posts by ATM4eternity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I found it all a bit lies! when the film was finished lol, I supposer not as in the prologue Galadriel explains there would be a time when the smallest of people make the difference - evidantly Gollum destroyed the ring but meh, life goes on....not for him anyways.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 05:31 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote