KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Disappointed in Aragorn's speech.

Disappointed in Aragorn's speech.
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ash007
Strength and Honour

Miffed Disappointed in Aragorn's speech.

Is anybody else disappointed with Aragorn's speech at the black gate? It seemed so much more powerful and dramatic in the trailer.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:54 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

not really - just as I expected - they left the "die hard" speech to Theoden,

I liked it when it totally went silent and Aragorn looks to the eye and turns back and states "for frodo!" and charges!.........

Discos - hell yeah, discos likes his battle scenes, don't we precious

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:57 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Melani
<3

hummmm i dont really remember it... well i check when i go see it again smile

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:57 PM
Melani is currently offline Click here to Send Melani a Private Message Find more posts by Melani Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

i liked Aragorns speech. it was good

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:58 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

uh, everything seems more dramatic in the trailer. But in the movie it was oh so more powerful.
At the end of it all when Sauron whispers Aragorn.....Elessar. Aragorn lowers his sword walk forward a bit, turns and watched the people behind him. Then quietly says "For Frodo" and charges in........................that is part of the speech scene and its awefully perfect. It starts the last fight for middle earth and you wanna cry, cause those two words were what it was alllllll about.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:00 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

the speech was good, but i agree, it was a little better in the trailer. i also agree w/ discos, the "for frodo" part was killer

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:10 AM
Rebel Racer is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

everythings always better in the trailer. thats how they get people to see the movie

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:11 AM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

agree Discos, it was so great.
I want that DVD now

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:12 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

WHO DOESNT WANT THE DVD !! ??

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:17 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

it was ok...but i cant belive they left out the mouth of sauron!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:46 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

what was sauron supposed to say?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:49 AM
Rebel Racer is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I think you think that the one in the trailer sounded more appealing was that you hear it for the first time and you have that sudden thrill to see it y'know? And all the action scenes along with hearing Aragorn's speech.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:52 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

yea, kitoky, yep.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:56 AM
Aurora
Princess

I thought it was great! I am usually weary of movies that have outstandingly funny or great trailers because in my experience if the trailer is stuffed full of everything then you have practicly seen the movie. LOTR traliers are wonderful only giving u a taste of what is to come. I don't like traliers that give you a whole scene, usually they are trying to compensate for something.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:30 AM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

quote:
Originally posted by fini
At the end of it all when Sauron whispers Aragorn.....Elessar. Aragorn lowers his sword walk forward a bit, turns and watched the people behind him. Then quietly says "For Frodo" and charges in........................that is part of the speech scene and its awefully perfect. It starts the last fight for middle earth and you wanna cry, cause those two words were what it was alllllll about.

That was sooo cool big grin I can't wait until the DVD with the extra 45 mins of scenes comes out ^^

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:44 AM
Kai_Haider is currently offline Click here to Send Kai_Haider a Private Message Find more posts by Kai_Haider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Re: Disappointed in Aragorn's speech.

quote:
Originally posted by ash007
Is anybody else disappointed with Aragorn's speech at the black gate? It seemed so much more powerful and dramatic in the trailer.

I wasn't disappointed with the speech itself, just where and when it was used. On the trailer when it was used, scenes of the battle that Theoden leads are shown. So, I assumed that's when he would do it. Still, the battle he lead was just as dramatic.

Happy Dance ~**MASSIVE FILM!!**~ Happy Dance

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:04 AM
Lyn is currently offline Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I would say Fini says it better than i did, thats what the speech was all about, "for frodo", my friend darren thought thatAreagorn was going to turn evil or something after looking into the eye but the silence was so awesome and then the "for frodo"....and aragorn charged himself....

Discos - God damn it Tolkien why are you so...good and precious! big grin

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:36 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I don't remember it that well - I'll come back on friday once I've seen it again!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:02 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

quote:
I liked it when it totally went silent and Aragorn looks to the eye and turns back and states "for frodo!" and charges!.........
that was good. The speech at the black gates was awesome. no arguements.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:14 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I also liked the speech far better as it was presented in the trailer, especially because of the music and the combinations with these people screaming (esp. Dernhelm) ... sounded a bit lonely and lost in the movie. But, well, the whole situation WAS lonely and lost for Men, so perhaps suits it. Yet more dramatic in the trailer.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:29 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote