KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Ages of middle Earth

What Age of Middle Earth would you have liked to live in best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
First Age 12 46.15%
Second Age 1 3.85%
Third Age 8 30.77%
Fourth Age 5 19.23%
Other 0 0%
None, I never wanted to live in Middle Earth 0 0%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ages of middle Earth
Started by: Elessea

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elessea

Tongue Ages of middle Earth

ok, I got this idea the other day when i was watching this TV show and the kid says, "I wish i had been born in the 3rd age of middle earth"

So, i was wondering which age you guys would have liked living in the best and why.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 01:26 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

FIRST AGE!!!!!! SO I CAN BE BESIDE MORGOTH AND SAURON!

Reign evilly! Beat up Tulkas!

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 01:39 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dileno

Exactly! The first age, so that you can feel the power of Morgoth (Melkor) and Sauron. I definitely want to see them in real life.. How scary wouldn't that be?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 01:58 PM
dileno is currently offline Click here to Send dileno a Private Message Find more posts by dileno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

No not really....Nazguls are scarier, but yes Morgoth rocks smile

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:00 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dileno

I don't think that the nazguls are more scary. smile
I think Sauron is the scariest "creature" living in Middle Earth in the second age. But Sauron learnt from Morgoth, and Morgoth is the evil impersonated. So I think Morgoth is the least "person" you do want to meet in a dark alley. wink

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:20 PM
dileno is currently offline Click here to Send dileno a Private Message Find more posts by dileno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

No actually I do want to meet him in the dark alley...so we can secretly plot our destruction...

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:26 PM
dileno

Aha. Then prepare for... painful death, I guess. wink

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:33 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

First age, mainly so I can laugh along with my good friend Tulkas...

Discos - ....and of course Smodden

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 04:59 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Morgoth and Sauron are scary in the sense that they are intimidating because they are very powerful, but the Nazgul are scarier in the sense of creepiness.. big grin

I would like to live in the First Age too!! Because the Elves there are more skillful, fairer, and more intelligent, they are very mighty. big grin And also because Morgoth and Sauron are there and actively seeking for ways to dominate Arda. big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 02:53 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

I want to live in the First Age! I want to to see everything, Morgoth, Sauron, and pretty much everything everyone else has mentioned…wink

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 02:57 AM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

The third age would be interesting, due to seeing the army of the dead and being apart of the greatest battle ever (I would say),

Discos - The Last Alliance battle is awesome too

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:35 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

The War of Wrath is still considered as the greatest battle Middle-earth had ever seen. And that was on the First Age. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 03:44 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

boo,

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:27 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

First age. Or in the others discouvering the eastlands.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:04 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

i said 3rd age cux i'd get to meet PIPPIN and all thems smile and see all of the cool wars stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:02 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

YOU WERE WATCHING LIZZIE MCGUIRE!!!!!! no fear, i've seen that episode too, probably the third age, that's when all of our lotr characters were, i could have a pint at the green dragon and dance on a table with merry and pip, or stalk legolas...

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 02:50 AM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Isilcal
Moonshine

I said the first agebig grinwink

From the ashes of fire shall be woken, a light from the shadow shall spring, renewed shall be Blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be King.

loveKit, Aurora, Exa, Sauron, Mr. Bacon, Pip-foot, Iirima, Melani, PippinTook, SamIam, OrlandoOYEA, ILoveOrlandoB, AlexRyder, Shadowylove

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:30 AM
Isilcal is currently offline Click here to Send Isilcal a Private Message Find more posts by Isilcal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mormegil
The Black Blade

Second Age, guys! That's where to be!

Think about it, if you were born in the Second Age you could go see Númenor (or even have been born their) and go chat with Gil-galad and Círdan and even Celebrimbor (and he might even make you a nice shiny ring, if you're nice).

It would be awesome to live in the Second Age. Just awesome.

EDIT:

And also, if you just so happened to recieve a Ring, you would have prolonged life (let's say a Ring the Elves made, especially for you because you're so cool, so it doesn't corrupt you like Gollum), and you could be there all through the Second and Third ages! And then, as a Ring Bearer, you could go to Aman with the Last Riding of the Ring Bearers. That would be sick.

But then again, if you felt like it you could also just swim down to the bottom of Anduin, find the One Ring, and take it on over to Orodruin then and there, and thus would Angmar and Dol Guldur (depending on when you destroy the Ring) never exist and the Dúnedain Kingdoms remain intact. Think of how cool that would be!

And then again, as a Ring Bearer, you could be friends with Elrond and stuff, and you could Advise him that Glorfindel, Elladan, Elrond, and Elrohir should all be part of the Fellowship along with the other Nine and yourself, so when the Balrog comes along you'd have four Elven Lords, a Maia, and the Heir of Isildur all to fight it, and they would dominate it and stuff...

But I'm getting carried away. Suffice it to say if you live in the Second Age and managed to get a Ring untouched by Sauron, it would be far better than being anywhere else in any other time.

Were so many that Evil flew
At the mere mention of his name
He who killed foul things for game

Last edited by Mormegil on Feb 18th, 2004 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:42 AM
Mormegil is currently offline Click here to Send Mormegil a Private Message Find more posts by Mormegil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

yeah, 2nd age would be my 2nd choice

then 4th age

and hen 1st

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:39 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

oh no.....!!!!!! i voted for the 3rd age....mainly because i want to meet gandalf.....but i forgot about TULKAS!!!

no must retake vote...want to see tulkas!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:59 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote