KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Ages Of The Earth

The Ages Of The Earth
Started by: The Inkeeper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Inkeeper

The Ages Of The Earth

Has anyone oticed how the ages always seem to end on a high note, once the bad guy is overthrown the elves new crisis is 'quick, lets end the age!' it never ends badly for them does it....
what iw as wondering is, on melkor and saurons calander do you think that the ages end at different times, say the downfall of numenor, arnor....the destruction of the trees,

what do you think?

Im Back happy

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:17 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I guess once the "goal" of that age is over, it ends. The elves wanted to overthrow Morgoth, and they did, so the first age ended

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:22 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

hmmm. that's an interesting question...

maybe sauron's ages end after one of his victories or accomplishments. since the elves end when they've accomplished their goal. So, like after sauron does what he wanted to ... the age would end. not sure exactly, jsut a thought

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:25 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I think Sauron didn't really need a calendar or something ^^
I mean, actually a calendar has no use if you don't have to know when the next harvest comes and when the rivers will have too much water

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:29 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah but they had them anyway, i was just wondering because i dont think they would like looking at the calendar and saying 'oh look its the aniversary of my overtjrowing'

Im Back happy

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:32 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Well, if Sauron wanted to write a journal od his evilness, that would be kinda hard w/o a calander. How will he know when things happened, or know whne to torture the elves?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:33 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Also, what was the age ending event in the three ages melkor was chained

Im Back happy

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:33 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
Also, what was the age ending event in the three ages melkor was chained

No event

In the time of the trees and before, Time was counted in Valinórean Ages

One Age was exactly 100 years long

Though one year at that time would have been about 10 of our solar years

So One Age would be about 1000 years (or did I miss an "0"? confused ) in our reckoning

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:38 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

thanks for that happy

Im Back happy

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:39 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

So, he was locked up for 3000 years. Man, that's a long time to be doing nothing in the Void

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:44 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

I was wondering something of the same sort, but not entirely.

I read a quote from a website "so ended the second age leaving the 3rd age to peril to its dark happenings"

something along those lines confused

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:09 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

well....at the end of the 3rd age...:

gandalf wanted to say something important...so he thought long and hard and said...:

"this so ends the 3rd age..."

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:28 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i bet gandalf spent all of the third age thinking of something to say

and he came up with

thus ends the 3rd age

WOW!!! you go gandy you super old senile man!

Im Back happy

Old Post May 19th, 2004 06:39 PM