KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Title of the Book

What do you think the title of the Book should have been?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Lord of the Rings 5 50.00%
Rings of the Lords 1 10.00%
I don't care, this poll is Retarded Hehe... 4 40.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Title of the Book
Started by: The_Inevitable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

Title of the Book

What do you think the book should have been titled?

Lord of the Rings?

or

Rings of the Lord?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:25 PM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

um, that's an odd question. Sauron was the Lord of the Rings. nuff said

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:32 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

What the f**k?

Discos - just cause yav got a good sig doesnt make ya have good threads stick out tongue

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:55 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I have to admit though, this poll cracks me up. stick out tongue

Though the question is kinda....erm.....

*cough*

better say nothing at all. stick out tongue

But just to answer...The Lord of the Rings of course. The Lord of the Rings refers to Sauron, and he's the main villain in the story. The other Rings, (the nine, the seven, and the three) only have some minor roles in the story overall. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:02 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

LoL yeah I'm just really bored.........................................

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:18 PM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

how 'bout

Bored of the Ring???

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:24 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

And 'The Soddit'

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:27 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

or Frodo's Holiday

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:29 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

The most accurate title would be "The War Of The Ring[s]", as RoTk was called before, or "The Ring of Power"... but that's boring

... but I think Lord of the Rings is perfect smile mainly because it refers to one of my fav charas stick out tongue
Though Rings of the Lords would also be an interesting title as at least the elvenrings and those of the mortals get to play an interesting role... but none of the 19 minor rings plays a really important part, except for maybe Wiki's stick out tongue more logical would be "Lord of the Ring" though... also because it's not only a name of Sauron, but additionally one of the main problems of the book - there is only one lord of the ring... and he doesnt share his power shifty

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:02 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Lord of the Flies? lol

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:04 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by I am a Sock
Lord of the Flies? lol

laughing You'd equal Devil and Sauron?

big grin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:12 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

wink

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:13 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

of the rings of power roll eyes (sarcastic)

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:22 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

actually, I never read Lord of the Flies

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:23 PM
Fëanor

quote:

rent the movie...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:25 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

funny you should mention that, English teacher actually read a passage of the book to us today

Discos - piggy laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:25 PM
The Rover

LOL!!!!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 10:13 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

quote:
um, that's an odd question. Sauron was the Lord of the Rings. nuff said

agreed sauron was the "lord of the rings" hence the title.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 10:37 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

not the 3 rings confused

Discos - shifty

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 12:48 PM
ilvorlandobloom

quote:

i just read it for school like a few weeks ago!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 12:26 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote