KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Your place in Middle Earth...

Your place in Middle Earth...
Started by: Claude_Rains

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Claude_Rains
Cackling Miscreant

Smile Your place in Middle Earth...

*you arrive at galadriel's mirror. to see your future or destiny, you gaze into it. appearing before your very eyes, you see yourself at the crossroads. the meaning, is that you have a future in middle earth, but you must choose which way you go from there.
which place do you choose to be?*

This is very simple. Where would you choose to live in Middle Earth, if you had the choice?

Me? It is a toss-up between Rohan, and Isengard...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:18 AM
Claude_Rains is currently offline Click here to Send Claude_Rains a Private Message Find more posts by Claude_Rains Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

MORDOR!!! eek!

I have several "favourite places" in Middle-earth where I'd want to live... first of all of course Mordor (Baraddûr) big grin
Or the Witchking's city, Carn Dûm...

Or my alltime-favourite city - Gondolin happy the Hidden Rock...

The most interesting place would in my opinion be Númenor, especially the Havens of Andúnie and Rómenna - or the main haven of the Black Númenóreans in Middle-earth, Umbar smile

I'd also love to live in some forest, like Doriath or Nan Elmoth -- or Eryn Vorn because obviously nobody else lives there.

Life in Hithlum would also be great eek! eek! or in Ost-in-Edhil/ Eregion [in the Second Age] ... or in the Void shifty

Well I have so many places Galadriel's mirror could show and only so few where I really wouldnt want to live - like Valmar sick the City of the Gods... or Cirith Ungol, it's boring... or Lothlórien, too golden, too shiny, too many celebrities there stick out tongue ... or Minas Tirith messed

Related topic -
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;threadid=10097

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:04 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

good choices Exa,

Gondolin would be a good favourite of mine,

another place would be Bree, I don't know what it is, it just looks like my sort of place with suspision

Arnor, not exactly in the kingdom but somewhere near it, a bit south of the land of Dúnedain

I know much people will say Hobbiton, well - me too! eek!, pretty much for the care free partying drinking and lots and lots of eating. Plus this hosts some of the most finest people ever.......Hobbits

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 10:27 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Can't...decide...there's...too...many...wonderful...places!!

OK..

There is nothing like the sunset over the Twilight Hills as you sit by the shore of Lake Evendim on Midsummers Eve. I would live in the city of Annúminas, and when I was away, I would be found drinking at the Forsaken Inn. happy

The Shire is close to my heart as well. It sounds like a perfect land, simple and green and quiet. Lots of emphasis on food and peaceful living, lovely. But I also feel connected to Minas Tirith to some extent. Odd, because they are two very different places. I feel that Elvish lands are too good for me, to be honest!

My heart dwells in Khazad-dûm, not as it was after Durin's Bane was awoken, but before. A wonderful place where gold and gems and iron became alive in the hands of skilled smiths. Where stone grew and flowered like young trees. Torchlight dancing on the intricate carvings of the kings of ages past. It really appeals to me because of its sheer immensity and depth. It would really stir my heart to hear the deep throated singing of the Naugrim in the dark places of their ancient dwelling. To look into the Kheled-zâram and see the crown of Durin, it would be indescribable....happy Alas for the awakening of the ancient Shadow and Flame!!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:54 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

The Encircling mountains

I can see everything and everyone and the sunrises and sunsets are a sight to behold.
The air is fresher nowhere else in Middle-earth. I am completely safe from any kind of attack.

Sounds pretty perfect if i do say so myself smile

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:25 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Lately, I've grown a strange obsession for Gondor stick out tongue I wrote a short essay on Gondor, for my English exam, as the perfect place for me to live. I think it's beautiful, and whenever I'm watching LotR, and I see any scenes of the city, I hear the music being played in the background, and I really could feel like crying happy I think, "Welcome home.."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:11 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Nargothrond. Those who know me should know why.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:42 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

up in the misty mountains with Thor,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:59 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Thorondor didn't live in the Misty Mountains. Gwaihir did

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 04:02 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Too many good places to chose one smile

I would probably chose the Shire if i had to choose of the top of my head, because the hobbits have the most relaxed lifestyle.

BUt then again, I like my forests, so i would probably choose somewhere with lots of forests and lakes, and preety naturish things....

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 07:37 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I didnt mean the actualy Thorondor, I mean the member Thorondor on this forum

I sure as shit aint hanging up in the mountains with Landroval complaining all the time,

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 09:09 PM
Thorondor
Love?

quote:
Originally posted by I am a Sock
Thorondor didn't live in the Misty Mountains. Gwaihir did

i never said misty mountains stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 09:20 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I did

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 09:24 PM
Nazgul lord

i'd have to day godolin, the golden wood or tyhe shire

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 12:12 AM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

the shire, my bad

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 12:14 AM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Mount Gundabad, fortress of the Orcs.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 12:15 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

baraddur or isengard.... ya i'm pretty power hungry

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 12:31 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

Gondolin or Doriath big grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 12:52 AM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

i'd like to live in Bree cuz i'm then i could be close to the shire and The Prancing Pony
yay! ale big grin

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 01:02 AM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yep, another Prancing Pony member smile

Doriath would be excellent, not in the first age though

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:38 AM