KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Thralldom!!!

Thralldom!!!
Started by: Bar-en-Danwedh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Shocked Thralldom!!!

you know, i've been wasting my life...

I was climbing the ladder of succes, getting my music carrer under way, then i hit a big lazy slump of distraction.... LORD OF THE BLOODY RINGS!!!

for the last 3years or whatever all I have been able to do is wish away every year (to go quickly) just so i can see the next one, then the EE of that one, then the next one, then the EE of this one!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGH!!!!

it's all i can think about! I'm glad I'm not still in school, or there would have been serious problems!!!

but i've also spent so much money...
the EE DVDs (gift packs) the 5 seesions of each film at the cinema, the ring of Barahir, the United Cutlery swords (Narsil,Ringwraith,Hadhafang), some newspaper medalion thingy, the books, a Sauron toy, and so-forth....
when will the madness end????

has everyone else become a helpless mindwashed deciple of this franchise or is it just me?

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Last edited by Bar-en-Danwedh on Jul 13th, 2004 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:52 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

No, most are a 'thrall' like you.....a thrall without the raping....

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:23 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

I guess it's dying down now. sad I should read more of Tolkien's books though. I'd like to learn more about Middle Earth

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:26 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Re: Thralldom!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
has everyone else become a helpless mindwashed deciple of this franchise or is it just me?

no expression
I fear... yes...
I spent my money on other Tolkienish things (more than 50 books for example erm why the heck are all Tolkien books so expensive? sad), but nearly every cent I got in the past three years was spent on LoTR or LoTR-related stuff... same goes for my preciousssst time no expression

I haven't been mindwashed by the franchise though, but by Tolkien's genius, most of all by the linguistical part no expression

I would not see myself as a thrall though, but as a narrow-minded, but happy person stick out tongue
I sometimes feel like Tolkien's universe has brought me everything I always wanted... like I have found something I have unknowingly permanently been searching for

Who knows what I would be doing now if I hadn't followed some friend's counsel to read the first book?
I wouldn't be here now - I wouldn't know any of you - most things would be kinda pointless...

From conversations between Sador Labadal and Túrin Turambar
"Would you not rather be a king's guest than a thrall?"
"I do not know", said Túrin, "I do not know what a thrall is"

"What is a thrall?"
"A man who was a man but is treated as a beast"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 08:00 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Aww, turin was stupid lol smile

Well...i have to say, i have been sucked in, but hey, if a movie can bring what i have with everyone here, then i would live in a cinema wink

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:58 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

*lives in a cinema*

acctually yeah, thats how I was....I'm very concernd and disturbed, that now I spend a lot on spiderman junkmessed
I think just because its everywhere now...and Its eyecandy...and I have to buy...sad
but It still can't replace the feeling I get when I go to the tolkien section of a bookstore...and look at the awe-inspiring, and lifechanging works by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Tolkien has so much more than 'Marvel' will ever have, and the value is not in the merchandice or marketing, or how much stuff I have, its somthing deeper, and much more sentamental and deep.
Tolkien has changed my life in so many ways. And my love for the books and movies will never go out- or be diminished...even if the junk does.smile

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:26 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

I hate walking in a book store, cause there isn't enough Tolkien to buy!!!
I have all I can!!!

unless, I dare venture into the Lost tales series, which are more like text books, and would have little magic to them (I know i eventually will), but it's hard to walk past the section without sighing...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:09 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
I have all I can!!!

*sigh* what would my life be without bookshops... I visit my fave one each day... and each day I find a new book I just MUST have... if I had the money whistle

Really, when youre depressed - just look at some Tolkien books... that helps yes

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 09:57 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

SWORDS......SWORDS......and more swords stick out tongue....i've spent like 2k on swords LOL.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 10:19 AM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote:
I have all I can!!!

unless, I dare venture into the Lost tales series, which are more like text books, and would have little magic to them (I know i eventually will), but it's hard to walk past the section without sighing...

The Book of Lost Tales series is only two books long.
But, it is part of the twelve book long The History of Middle-earth series.
Book of Lost Tales would be the easiest to get, because there are only two of that specific part of the History.
Then theres the 4/5 part, History of Middle-earth: History of LotR series.... Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 03:14 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

thorondor...

which swords do you have?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 03:27 PM
Thorondor
Love?

Glamdring, Sting and Hadhafang

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:14 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

You don't have Anduril?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:33 PM
Thorondor
Love?

Nope...an ugly sword imo

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:43 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
The Book of Lost Tales series is only two books long.
But, it is part of the twelve book long The History of Middle-earth series.
Book of Lost Tales would be the easiest to get, because there are only two of that specific part of the History.
Then theres the 4/5 part, History of Middle-earth: History of LotR series.... Happy Dance

no expression

laughing out loud....*high fives gorg*

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 08:21 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote