KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Should we make Sillmarillon movies out of the book

Should we make Sillmarillon movies out of the book
Started by: Mandos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandos
Why would I want more?

Should we make Sillmarillon movies out of the book

What do you think about it?
If we seperate every part of the book (ex: Beren and Luthien, the fall of Gondolin, the betrayal of Melkor, etc...) I think it would be a great project to do (even if a lot of movies were made. But it doesn't matter.
We could still combine two or three stories in a movie, depending on the lenghts of each ones. wink

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:28 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

This topic is even on the same page no expression

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:42 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Same topic ->
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t312572.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t9936.html

and also
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t295651.html
where you already posted
wink
quote:
Originally posted by Exabyte
Please
not

Sure, seeing the battles on a screen would be great,
but isn't own imagination a lot better? erm

I think the Silmarillion is absolutely not the right book to make a movie of it, it's completely the wrong style

No movie would be able to catch the atmosphere of the book, no actor could give his face for the glorious Valar, no Howard Shore can make an Ainulindalë
Imo the Silmarillion lives best in letters and free imagination

quote:
Originally posted by Exabyte
Imo the Silmarillion leaves a lot more to our imagination than LoTR or the Hobbit do;
I couldn't imagine any actor supposed to represent Finwe or Túrin or Idril or Feanor messed that would kinda destroy something about the Silmarillion that now makes it so special.

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:44 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Re: Should we make Sillmarillon movies out of the book

quote:
Originally posted by Mandos
What do you think about it?
If we seperate every part of the book (ex: Beren and Luthien, the fall of Gondolin, the betrayal of Melkor, etc...) I think it would be a great project to do (even if a lot of movies were made. But it doesn't matter.
We could still combine two or three stories in a movie, depending on the lenghts of each ones. wink

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Sauron
yeah, and the people paying for the film are going to have to sell their children and wives into slavery in erinau to be able to afford that.

The battles are epic, the characters are epic, you cant have big semi gods running around with giant dogs, and people turning into snakes and werewolves and not expect to pay through your nose.

Put it this way, my taxes better not go towards it stick out tongue

clicky clicky

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:48 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

Let's go Silmarillon

Sorry,my mistake. But I still think we oughta do something with the book, not necessarly a movie. I personnally think it's the best of all time. We should give people, like kids who can't read or only people that doesn't know it exists, a chance to learn about it. Darth Sauron, you were right, it would have cost alot to do the movie. But what about a cartoon style (did you ever see LotR animated?) It wasn't that bad and it introduced me to it, so I started reading it and finally came to the Silmarrillon. I think it would be a good idea and it won't cost alot. Or people could introduce the book on television. Everybody watch it. Cmon, spead the news of the existence of the best fantastic book ever!!!!!!!
eek! cool eek!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 06:21 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

The general public are interested in LotR. They want gimli not gondolin. They want Legolas, not luthien.

And now the films are out, nobody is going to go buy the books just beacuse we say its good, why would they, they have a film! Its hard to look stupid when reading.

Put it this way, interest in reading lotr was at a peak when the films were being released, there was a Tolkien section in nearly every Ottakars bookstore in the country, now there is one in hardly any, interest and demand is dropping.

Live with it, a film, would pick it back up, but first you have to.

1- get through Chris Tolkien
2- Get lots of money
3- Get a director willing to have every tolkien fan hate him for ruining a fantastic book
4- Actors who want to have either a bad film in their list, or who want to make their debut in a bad movie.

Can you do all that for me?
If so I will direct this for you.

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:29 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote