KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » If you were given a chance to live on Arda, where would live?

If you were given a chance to live on Arda, where would live?
Started by: Mandos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandos
Why would I want more?

If you were given a chance to live on Arda, where would live?

I would surely choose Gondolin, with its white wall, in a middle of a valley surrounded by hight moutains, defended by the eagles. What a paradise it would be... well, until the Balrogs came to destroy it of course.

Attachment: w.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 09:21 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Good choice, would pick the same big grin

But in the third age e.g..... I would take my rest in the Shire hehe smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 09:30 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Welcome to KMC, btw big grin

My favourite location also used to be Gondolin for a long time... then it was Mordor... now it's I think Númenor, that must have been wonderful, though they had so little woodland and it was probably way too hot there roll eyes (sarcastic)
but I love the atmosphere of the texts taking place in Númenor, it must've been quite an impressive place, the mixture of elvish and mortal culture...

Btw
There are already some threads like that - please use the search function before you start a new topic smile

Here some of the similar topics:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=298359
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;threadid=3601
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=299793

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 09:36 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

The Crissaegrim smile

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 09:37 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

i don't know which of the 100 threads i posted in so i'll just answer again...

Lammoth.

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 11:20 PM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

In MORDOR! Next to the Mountain of FIRE! MUAHAHAHA!

No, but seriously I would like to live in Lothlorien.

Mordor would be my vacation home! big grin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 01:55 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

I'm sorry if I create threads with similar topics as the other ones. I'm new, but I'll get used to it. I'll search before making. Tx for the tip Exabyte

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 03:21 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Minas Tirith or Dol Amroth big grin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 03:49 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

or maybe also Pelagir

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 03:50 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Minas Tirith reminds me of America, so no.
Rohan reminds me of Britain- so no.
Mordor reminds me of America- so no
Isengard reminds me of Britain- so no
Numenor remings me of France, and im afriad of drowning- so no
Lothlorien reminds me of being really bored- why would anybody spend thousands of years with trees?
The Shire- Put it this way, Gandalf is the most exciting person they know- definately no.
Moria- Is dark, only light would be from fire most probably- I would get migranes from the constant flickering. No
Gondolin- Ok, its white, your not allowed to leave and nobody can think 'wow, he lives in Gondolin, he must be rich or cool or even both, lets sleep with him' because nombody knows gondolin exists, or at least they dont know where it is or who lives there. No
Valinor- If i want to live in a dictatorsip i will move to North Korea. If i want to be forced into a religion i will move to Israel. No
Mirkwood- Legolas lives there, N'uff said. No
The River Town From The Hobbit- Cant be that good as i cant remember the name. Also, the locals dialogue in the book is terrible and boring. No
Tol Elessea- If i wanted to live on an island at sea, i would go to Numenor, and as i already said... No
Minas Ithil- oooh, i wouldnt mind living here, can i see the property now? what? theres nine undead kings of men there? well, dont they live room-mates? What do you mean no? Its the tower of the moon, i love the moon! What...tower of sorce...ry? Not a wise name change, who decided on that one? Sauron? Why him? He owns the place? Oh, so he only rents it out? Well, i dont want to live in anywhere nine undead people are, im going to take a pass.
tol sirion- What, he owns this too? Jesus!
Osgiliath- ooh, view overlooking mountains, Gondor and a nice river! Oh but wait, small print says 'Never rebuilt after war of ring' Damn!

I give up! Im not moving! Damn these properties!

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 06:38 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 06:58 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

Its a toss up for me. Either Minas Tirith or Rivendell. Or maybe the Shire lol...I've often fancied life in Numenor *sp as well. So many wonderful places to choose from.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 07:55 PM
Dreamreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Dreamreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Oh, i forgot about rivendell happy
But with an agent in charge, it cant be all too good

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 07:56 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

big grin Good way to put it. But I still think Gondolin would be the most fun place to live, at least better than the Shire.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 09:47 PM
Sicky666
IA!

I would chose Mordor, I have to say that the best part of the movies were the parts in Mordor... rolling on floor laughing

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:04 AM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

you would live with those orcs that sleep in their shit, and eat raw meat and breath in ash all day long??? I doubt you would

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 03:17 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Darth Sauron... you have too much energy...
i hope you use it constuctivley outside these forums, or at the very least exhaust yourself here so you are physically unable to create mishcieve in the real world...

that being said...

i should explain my reasons for choosing LAMMOTH (AKA 'Great Echo').
it was the place where Ungoliant (Shelobs Mother - and a hundered times bigger) attacked Melkor (AKA Morgoth, Saurons Master - for those who don't read), who let out a scream so loud it reshaped the cliff walls and surrounding mountains so that his scream could be heard still echoing for years to come in that area... and even after how ever many decades it took to fade out, you could still go up to a high point their and yell on top of your voice only to have the echo of Melkors voice return...

cool huh...

plus there wwas the whole thing with the army of balrogs running up and beating the crap out of ungoliant chasing her away until she was forced to consume herself to death...

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 06:22 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

An orc shouldn't have to be a problem, o.k. probably they will torture me down there because I'm an human, but what is an Orc compared with Sauron??? I would be fearing him not the Orcs....

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:38 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I dont think sauron would even bother that you would be there, he would let his slave masters on you and would think being raped by a 1000 men would be paradise

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:24 PM
Telpy
SKittle Addict

My favourite place is Lothlorien, and so I guess that would be the place I'd love to live! smile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:29 PM
Telpy is currently offline Click here to Send Telpy a Private Message Find more posts by Telpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote