KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Whatever Happened to...?

Whatever Happened to...?
Started by: Furius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Furius
Christ's Right Hand Man

Whatever Happened to...?

What happens to Gamling in ROTK? i keep thinking i see this unsung hero getting killed, then he pops up later. last i saw him i think he was firing an arrow at a Mumakil. any ideas? will it be in the extended edition? also, that orange general Orc guy? when does he die?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:45 PM
Furius is currently offline Click here to Send Furius a Private Message Find more posts by Furius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

the orc guy is Gothmog and i believe he gets skishified by the Rohirrim not sure what happens to Gamling plus ive not finished the book yet so i dunno lol.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:48 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

The death of Gamling in the Pelennor Fields will be in the extended edition. smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 03:35 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

AH GAMLING DIES sad

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 03:38 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

unfortunatly he does, its a quite good death though and is another of many things I am looking forward to the EE for!

Discos - Hamling sucked

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:11 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Discos, who's Hamling? stick out tongue

Also, I know I shouldn't be feeling this..thing..but I'm quite glad that he died. You all know that Eomer is one of my favorite characters in LOTR and I can't help it but to feel like Gamling is always the one filling out what should have been Eomer's role and deeds. Always with Theoden? What the hell is that? Gamling being the First and I think also Second Marshall (or is it Grimbold?) of the Mark? When the Rohirrim arrived at Pelennor in the movie, Eomer and his eored was placed down the last flag in the far left? While Gamling was placed with the King's banner in the center? Dude, that's the heir's place. With the King at the center. I know I'm rambling too much but I can't help it. How hard is it to just place Eomer in the center and Gamling at the far left? I will be happy if they do that. At least there's one reference of their relationship. And they never insinuated in the movie that Eomer will take Theoden's kingship if he died. They didn't even show any interaction between the two except if they're talking about the war and all. Gamling in the book died in Helm's Deep for the sake of Pete!

Also with the death of Gamling in Pelennor, I remember Halbarad's (from the book) death also in Pelennor.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:26 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Hamling, ah shit, I mean "Hama", he totally sucked for some reason

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:42 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

haha wargified stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:59 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

how dear you pick fun at hama!!!

are you talkin about

ttthama son of hamumund.....who talks like a girl....???ehe rox...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 05:46 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Smodden
how dear you pick fun at hama!!!

are you talkin about

ttthama son of hamumund.....who talks like a girl....???ehe rox...

whom? Ô_o

there was only a Haleth son of Háma...

And and EoMund... and a Mundburg... but... Hamumund messed

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:16 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

so who was the guy who was thinking he was great....but in TTT he got warged......

Im Back happy

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:31 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

It was Hama.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 08:29 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

oh...scuse me....i got haleth mixed up wit hama....somehow i though his dady was hamumund....???>>

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 09:29 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

sory for the double post but...

so haleth's dad is HAMA? the guy who got warged...?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 09:30 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Smodden
sory for the double post but...

so haleth's dad is HAMA? the guy who got warged...?

... or somebody of the same name. Probably really the guard Háma, but in the book he isn't mentioned

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 09:33 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

awww
anf the wargs ate hij!

thats not nice

whuy cant they all just get along!

Im Back happy

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 09:35 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

What the heck....blink

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 04:41 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trade
THE ULTIMATE

hi this is trade how r u all ?its a long time scince i came on last but i got to read hobbit and next i'm borrowingLOTR frome tassie do u all no 2morrow is her birthday!!!!smile

Sig made by Ying happy

! I am the keeper of the flame!only the favoured no mi name!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 05:16 AM
trade is currently offline Click here to Send trade a Private Message Find more posts by trade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Gamling dies? Oh no sad I always felt sorry for Hama when he died too sad

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 07:04 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Getting warged and getting squashed by a Mumak (maybe)...

Those guys aren't lucky with animals...stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 07:23 PM