KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » orcs

orcs
Started by: JamesW1186

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JamesW1186

orcs

Did anybody else notice how much the mordor orcs were way better fighters then saurmans urak-hai and moria orcs, they would have won if it was not for that army of the dead. What orcs do all of you think were the best fighters and most cool looking?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 04:47 PM
JamesW1186 is currently offline Click here to Send JamesW1186 a Private Message Find more posts by JamesW1186 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Best orcs ever - Moria ones smile theyre cool big grin
I hate Sarumans halforcs and uruks ... but the mordor ones are also cool ^^

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 04:49 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Definately Moria-orcs.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 08:01 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

i loved the moria orcs but they were very cockroach like *shuters and remembers childhood infested home* bad memory

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 08:47 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

moria orc and the snifvling tracker ones with the big noses and ears...big grin

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 09:15 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

The Uruki Looked far more like the description, they are a crossbreed of men so the would look kinda weird compared to the rest. But the moria goblins and orc looked more like the traditional orc in my imagination so i would go with them as the best lookin.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 09:23 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

yes def...its the eyes i like....

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 09:28 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I love this dude...

Attachment: orc.jpg
This has been downloaded 49 time(s).

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:08 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aldaron

I thought they were Goblins in Moria and not Orcs, as for the best looking, Saruman's Urk-Hai(sp?) look more like what was said in the books.

Oooo, is there ye gold behind this link?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:43 PM
Aldaron is currently offline Click here to Send Aldaron a Private Message Find more posts by Aldaron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Uruk-hai in the books are like a Balrog without wings....Heh...

Goblins infiltrated Moria but Orcs infested Moria.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:45 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I'm just wonder how Aragorn ect, knew that Uruk-Hai were call Uruk-Hai. They're brand new creature, yet there is no explaination for how people got to know what they were called.

Moria orcs look the coolest, but Uruk-Hai are better fighters.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 03:14 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I knew this info through Exa long time ago (thanks Exa! big grin ) but I found this info again. The Uruk-Hai wasn't bred by Saruman in Isengard first. They were already there before so I suppose Aragorn, etc. knew about them because of that.

Tolkien World From A to Z"

"The Complete Guide To Middle-Earth"

URUK-HAI (B.S.: "Orc-Race") Strain of Orcs bred by Sauron in the Third Age in Mordor. The Uruk-Hai first appeared about TA 2475, when they overran Ithilien and took Osgiliath. By the time of the WotR, Uruks were used by Sauron and Saruman as soldiers on all fronts; Gorbag, Shagrat, Uglúk, and perhaps Azog and Bolg were Uruks. The Uruk-hai were used as soldiers more than other strains because, unlike other Orcs, they were almost as tall as Men, and did not weaken in the sunlight. Uruks were black and slanty-eyed. They regarded themselves as superior to other Orcs. Saruman's spies in Bree and the Chief's Men may have been Uruk-hai; they almost certainly had some Uruk blood in them.
Uruk-hai was the generic name for the breed; the singular was Uruk and the Angelicized plural Uruks. They were also called the Great Orcs. They were produced by cross breeding Goblin Men and Orcs.

Anyway, for the topic, you're right mors823, Moria goblins are the coolest (you gotta love 'em), but Uruks are better and stronger fighters. That's just the truth of it. smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 05:29 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

@Shadowy lol ^^

quote:
Originally posted by Kitoky
I love this dude...

YEY thats my absolutely fav orc yes yes when I saw him I first realized that orcs are cool...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 02:04 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Yeah! Everyone loves that Orc he's just so cool I agree! With his amazing eyes and everything yes

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 06:04 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote