KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » how come when lotr came on........

how come when lotr came on........
Started by: rox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rox

how come when lotr came on........

a couple of weeks ago on tbs they made it seem like frodo and sam were a couple

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 05:52 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I dont know. I live in UK and saw one of the adverts and i see what you mean. I think they were just trying to get across the friendship between the two, and which is also a major theme in the booksmile

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 06:04 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

glad to know i am not the only one

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 06:39 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

I don't know what you're talking about

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 11:07 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

This is such an old topic of conversation...

...please search the threads before posting rubbish like this.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 05:45 AM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

In addition to my early comment, i would also like to point something out. Now, ive never relised it before but in FOTR when Sam goes after Frodo and drowns, and we see the hand shot in the water, it is the same but reversed in ROTK when Frodo is hanging off the Cracks of Doom!

I think this is a very beautiful and excellent thing that PJ has done to show the friendship and couarge between the to <----even if some of us are a little slow at picking it up!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 08:29 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Typically speaking, an intimate relationship between two males is often seen as being homosexual, (at least in Western-culture).

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 08:44 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I know, but it souldnt! Its terrible that it is even though that Frodo and Sam are ''gay'' together!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 09:19 PM
The Rover

Meh. I don't really care what ya'aqovs think. There's a difference between homosexual love and the love a man feels towards his male-friend, (although they can be related).

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 09:31 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

I too think it happens waaay too often that a strong friendship between males is immediately seen as something homosexual... I wonder if these people know what a good strong friendship is like

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:00 AM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote