KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » A new book?

A new book?
Started by: Fëanor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fëanor

A new book?

check it out!!! eek!

clickclickclick

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 05:45 AM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know a bunch of people who ***** and ***** cause Christopher edited the history of middle earth books, omg they are gonna have a fit.

Personally They should leave the Middle earth series ALONE.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 11:01 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

ya i agree with you there

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 11:19 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hammad Ahsan

Yes, well, I read about it and am excited about it as I found Turins Tradgety a heart wrenching story.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2006 01:17 PM
Hammad Ahsan is currently offline Click here to Send Hammad Ahsan a Private Message Find more posts by Hammad Ahsan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He spent 30 years on it so it better be good. It better not depend on the Lord of the Rings for success.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2006 01:28 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

I think Christopher saw the success of Brian Herbert's continuation of his father Frank Herbert's "Dune" series, and felt it the right time or something like that to do the same.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 03:19 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

thats good news

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 12:54 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Wow.... just when I thought we'd never see another Tolkien book published. Not that that's a bad thing, that is.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 02:26 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

well, he's got some serious shoes to fill, as there are a lot of fans with high expectations.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 02:27 PM
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fëanor
check it out!!! eek!

clickclickclick

didnt work.. but i love c. tolkien's books

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:39 PM
Nerdanel is currently offline Click here to Send Nerdanel a Private Message Find more posts by Nerdanel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

CAN'T GET IT!!!! WHAT IS IT???

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 09:40 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorin
Escudo de Roble

Finally, real great news for us Tolkien fans!
Chris Tolkien gave us The master piece "The Silmarillion", good expectations with this one about the sons of Hurin!.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 05:46 PM
Thorin is currently offline Click here to Send Thorin a Private Message Find more posts by Thorin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
CAN'T GET IT!!!! WHAT IS IT???
that link has been taken down i guess. but read Thorin's post...that's what it is.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 05:58 PM
Thorin
Escudo de Roble

I have read this new book is almost all JRR Tolkien writtings!!!
And the stories are about the cursed sons of Hurin, we can already read a part in The Silmarillion and its one of the best stories of The Silmarillion!!
More Turin Turambar, Morwen, Niniel, and all that.
Yes, something like the Silmarillion
Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 09:59 PM
Thorin is currently offline Click here to Send Thorin a Private Message Find more posts by Thorin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Most of the contents of The Children of Húrin are already known from various sources (Silmarillion, Lay of the Children of Húrin, Unfinished Tales etc.etc); what Chris Tolkien did was basically to form a standalone, extensive version of this central legend (with even more extensive comments of course).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:26 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

No matter where it is gathered from, I think that being a addition to the story of Middle Earth is something that a lot of people would surely have a lot of interest in.

By the way...Hi Exa! big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:38 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Hey AD happy

Yes, I suppose this might be interesting for a wider audience as the lack of "too many names" and "too many years" (as some say of the Silmarillion) will make this book a lot easier and more continuous to read (ignoring the comments...), more like a "real book" like the Hobbit or LOTR

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:43 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

This made me excited when I first heard it. Now I'm slightly apprehensive. smile

[BTW: I (for one) appreciate what Christopher Tolkien set out to do so many years ago, when he first decided to edit and publish The Silmarillion: He opened up his father's mythological genius to the world. It was this book which made me fall truly in love with Tolkien. And, for those who dislike CT's role as editor, (perhaps worrying that his influence over the work would distort his father's original), read the HoME Series: You'll quickly come to sympathize with CT, and realize that he did an absolutely brilliant job, considering the vast amount of work that he had to arrange into a (somewhat) consistent storyline. Rant over.]

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 02:19 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mace Skywalker

...what?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:36 PM
Mace Skywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Mace Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Mace Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote