KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » You saw a child !

You saw a child !
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

You saw a child !

The scene When arawen goes back and askes her father tell me what u saw ?? Then her father saying i saw death ! Arawen saying you saw a child !

Was that scene moved to Rotk EE ?? becouse i think i saw it in The two towers SE confused

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:49 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

i think it was in the two towers but im not sure if it was EE or not i forget

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 04:31 PM
jainasolo55 is currently offline Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

UMMM nooooo its in ROTK........... right before the reforge the shards of Narsil.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 12:37 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

thats what i thought rotk

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 02:53 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

oh yeah it IS ROTK my mistake

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:10 PM
jainasolo55 is currently offline Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

lolz thanks

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 10:02 PM
aniron

BUT the lil runnin bit b4 that is in TTT trailer!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 02:28 AM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
BUT the lil runnin bit b4 that is in TTT trailer!

what?

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 02:29 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

When Arwen runs up to Elrond saying: "you have the gift of forsight tell me what you have seen" before telling him about the child, that bit is in ROTK but is in TTT trailer!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:36 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Either way, the extended Arwen/ Aragorn subplot is utter crap, pulled from Jackson's arse... there was very little of that whiny Elrond crap in the books... sad

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 02:23 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

If Elrond saw a child, didn't he know then that Sauron would be defeated?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 04:45 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Even the wise cannot see all ends, I think that as the shadow of Mordor stretched over the land once again the sight of even Elrond was diminished unable to see what end awaited the quest for the destruction of the ring. Especially as so much of the quest lay with chance even up to the destruction of the ring itself by Gollum.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 10:36 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

As Superguy explained, the scenes from R.K. were all pulled from P.J.'s arse. I enjoyed the films, but disliked the unnessecary fantastical/Hollywood-additions, (e.g., whiny-Elrond, Legolas' acrobatics, etc.).

That being said, an explaination for the scenes of the film could be: Elrond didn't want his daughter to live the life he knew she was doomed to live if she married Aragorn.

If I may quote an essay I've read, which deals with the subject of sex and libido in the works of Tolkien, there is a passage that deals with the union of men and elves, and in conclusion to the unhappy story of Aragorn and Arwen, the author comments: "(...) [Arwen] seems punished, somehow. Aragorn's choice of death plunges her into a sad understanding of human denial of death and leaves her without reason to live. Arwen's descision to remain in Middle-earth and love Aragorn, motivated by passion, becomes hollow, in the end," (Tyellas, Warm Beds Are Good: Sex and Libido in Tolkien's Writing).

She then quotes Arwen from The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen, (R.K., Appendix A), to show evidence for her statement: "I must indeed abide the Doom of Men, whether I will or I nil; the loss and the silence."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 12:25 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

I think elronds pretty crap are seeing the future.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 12:51 AM
The Rover

An excellent observation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2007 12:55 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote