KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » KMC abandoned?

KMC abandoned?
Started by: The Sacred Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

Warning KMC abandoned?

Where is everyone?? This place is more deserted than one of those old western cowboy films you see with the tumbleweed rolling along in the wind...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:06 PM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

laughing out loud

This forum was abuzz with life once....albeit with a small group of people....
They've all moved on with their lives, seemingly. Chris gets drunk. Exa gets....uh, Exa-y.... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:31 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

Oh. Good for them. That happens.

Well we can always start our own new group of discussioners... Wait I don't even think that's a word...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:51 PM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 11:33 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I am an..."adult" now, full time work and a great social life filled with exercise and fun.

I even bought a house embarrasment haha, I am so chuffed but I am just going to Rent it for 2 years and move in then.

The forum went around 6months after ROTK was released, its a darn shame but I think EVERY topic has been discused numerous times.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 11:54 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

Looks like it's just you and me, Melcórë...

A thought has just come to me: This whole LotR thread has probably diminished as a result of all the hype from the films doing the same. Oh and also because most topics have already been discussed...

Can I get a holla?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 11:56 PM
The Secret Fire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
The forum went around 6months after ROTK was released, its a darn shame but I think EVERY topic has been discused numerous times.

Yes, when you put it that way Discos it does seem a little hopeless to try to resurect old topics or try to put a new spin on them. I don't know if I should give up now because it seems the 'iron' had gone icy cold now...

Oh and congrads on the house! Hope you fit in well smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 12:02 AM
The Rover

I am an..."adult" now, full time work and a great social life filled with exercise and fun.

I even bought a house embarrasment haha, I am so chuffed but I am just going to Rent it for 2 years and move in then.

Square! stick out tongue

Originally posted by The Sacred Fire
Looks like it's just you and me, Melcórë...

A thought has just come to me: This whole LotR thread has probably diminished as a result of all the hype from the films doing the same. Oh and also because most topics have already been discussed...

Can I get a holla?

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 12:40 AM
Elessea

I thin

I think that goes for most all of us. The majority of the fan base back when this forum was alive and kicking, were teenagers, or young adults. 15, 16, 17, etc. Most of us have grown up now. We are either in college/university, or with full time jobs, families, children, homes to run, etc. I think as we grow up we live in our little internet-world less and less, and in the real world more an more. Which is good in many ways, but sad in many others.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 12:45 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Hey man, I've grown - and I aspire to such things! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 12:49 AM
The Secret Fire

Haha yes totally agree with Elessea.

I'm a full-time worker and off to uni next year but this is still an interest. Although in some ways, it could become a full-time interest I guess, back in the old days anyway.

All very sad all the same...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:15 AM
The Rover

Without Tolkien, I wouldn't have developed an interest in linguistics, my future....

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:23 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by The Sacred Fire
Where is everyone?? This place is more deserted than one of those old western cowboy films you see with the tumbleweed rolling along in the wind...

laughing

I remember when the LOTR members made fun of the Matrix forum for dying.... and it happened to you guys too...

well, it was bound to happen....

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:28 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Yep....

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:30 AM
The Secret Fire

Originally posted by Melcórë
Without Tolkien, I wouldn't have developed an interest in linguistics, my future....

Haha no silly I meant as in writing posts on these threads. For instance: I've been on for a few hours now. If there was more to write about, this could have turned into an 8-hour shift! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:40 AM
The Rover

stick out tongue

If only....

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:45 AM
The Secret Fire

*stares whistfully into the distance*

Anyways, I really must go eat lunch.. I'm like 2 hours late.. embarrasment angel

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:47 AM
The Rover

LOL

Lunch? It's nearly 10 PM here.... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:59 AM
Elessea

it's EXACTLY 10-PM here big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:00 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

stick out tongue

Same. But 10:05, now. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:05 AM