KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » ROTK quiz

ROTK quiz
Started by: chris999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chris999

ROTK quiz

Hello all, just got a book quiz today and wanted to ask for some help. I read ROTK about 2.5 months ago over about a 1 month period and just got a quiz over this week since the rest of my class took a lot longer to read it. I’ve been re-reading parts over the past few hours but I haven’t really been able to find much of the information. I guess my memory must kinda suck ontop of having 1 big quiz over the entire thing so anyways if any of you could help me out with some of the questions I would appreciate it. I know some of its easy like how ring gets destroyed but thats one of few I can remember :P

Thanks in advance

Heres the quiz:

The Return of the King - Book V

1. When Gandalf and his companions reach Minas Tirith, they are greeted by Denethror who already knew of their coming. How did Denethor know they were coming.

2. Who is Denethor and which son of his died?

3a. While doing a favor for Gandalf, Pippin met a cloaked man who came up to him. Who was this man and what did he wish to know from Pippin?

3b. During Pippin’s conversation with the man, Pippin saw a dark vision and felt something. What did this represent?

4. When Aragorn tells his companions he must part from them with Legolas and Gimli, where do they leave to?

5. What happened when Aragorn looked into the Stone of Orthanc?

6. Aragorn finds an unlikely person who wishes to go with them on their journey. Who is this person and what is Aragorn’s response?

7. When Aragorn and his companions reach the Dark Door, all but Gimli enter. What gives him the courage to finally pass through the door?

8. While on the Paths of the Dead, Aragorn and his friends are being followed wherever they go. What is following them?

9. What are the "winged Shadows?"

10. Where are Merry and King Theoden venturing to and why?

11. When Merry saw Eowyn, what did he see in her at the time?

12. King Theoden tells his party a story Baldor and the door under Dwimorberg. What happened to Baldor in the end.

13. When a messenger comes to see King Theoden, he hands him an arrow. What does this arrow mean to Theoden?

14. When King Theoden, Merry and the King’s army departed for Gondor, a young man looked up to Merry. What did Merry see when he looked back into the man’s eyes?

15. During Pippin’s second conversation with Beregond, they are both suddenly frozen and struck with fear from a noise. What do they see when they look toward the noise?

16. What did Pippin learn about Faramir that was not the same with his brother, Boromir?

17. Who does Faramir battle in Osgiliath?

18. Who is King Angmar?

19. How does Gandalf become the commander of the army of Gondor?

20. What was the purpose of the siege on Gondor?

21. What is Grond?

22. Eowyn becomes struck by a weapon of shadow after the battle at Gondor. How is she brought back from the dark sleep she had?

23. What is beyond the Black Gate?

24. During the fight against the Nazgul, Beregond fell to the troll chief. How did Pippin defeat the troll and what happened to him afterwards?

The Return of the King - Book VI

1. What was Sam’s first goal at the beginning of this book?

2. What happened when Sam put on the ring?3. What is the purpose of the second tower in Cirith Ungol?

4. How did Sam finally enter the tower?

5. After Same finds Frodo, Frodo becomes greedy for the Ring. What is causing this?

6. When Sam and Frodo were chased by the Nazgul, they attempted to dive into the waters of Norgai. What did the jump into instead?

7. In Morgal, Sam and Frodo see rows of beings in a long deserted field. Who were these beings?

8. How do Frodo and Same learn that Gollum is still alive?

9. Why does gollum simply stalk Frodo and Sam? Why doesn’t he tell the Orcs of their whereabouts?

10. After four days from escaping the orcs, frodo has gotten wearier from the Ring’s burden. What does sam notice the Ring is doing to him?

11. "Don’t be a fool, Sam Gamgee," was said to Sam in a familiar voice. Who’s voice was it?

12. How did Sam see Frodo and Gollum after their small bout?

13. How did Gollum get the Ring back rom Frodo?

14. How was the ring finally destroyed?15. How do Sam and Frodo escape the eruption of Mount Doom?

16. What happened at Aragorn’s return to Gondor? How was he greeted?

17. What did Aragorn have Frodo do at Aragorn’s celebration?

18. Where does Frodo plan to go after parting from his earlier companions?

19. What promise did Legolas make to Gimli?

20. After their trip to Elrond and Bilbo, where do the Hobbits and gandalf go next?

21. What is Frodo’s final decision and destination after returning home?

22. Who else joins Frodo to his destination?

Old Post May 14th, 2003 03:46 AM
chris999 is currently offline Click here to Send chris999 a Private Message Find more posts by chris999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's a lot of questions!

I can answer the second one from Book V though. Denethor II was the Steward of Gondor and his eldest son Boromir died.

Old Post May 14th, 2003 02:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

the first one... denethor saw it/was told by Sauron in the (can't remember the name of it..shoot me please)"magic ball" witch also drove him insane!

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post May 16th, 2003 06:22 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I barely understood that until I read it slowly...

Old Post May 17th, 2003 02:20 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackScorpion
Black Velvet Demon

7. In Morgal, Sam and Frodo see rows of beings in a long deserted field. Who were these beings?

--> were these not the army of Sauron?

9. Why does gollum simply stalk Frodo and Sam? Why doesn’t he tell the Orcs of their whereabouts?

--> Because he wants the Ring for himself?

13. How did Gollum get the Ring back rom Frodo?

--> Bite of Frodo's finger?

14. How was the ring finally destroyed?

--> Gollum bit of Frodo's finger and fell in Mount Doom?

"Y'all shouldn't mess with Gambit, I got a deck of cards with your name on it.."

Old Post May 18th, 2003 09:52 AM
BlackScorpion is currently offline Click here to Send BlackScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by BlackScorpion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The last three you posted have to be right. The first one I'm not sure about...

If we're talking about their flight up the long staircase, then it would be the army of the Witchking.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 03:02 AM