KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Is scouring of the shire gonna be on ROTK

Is scouring of the shire gonna be on ROTK
Started by: whiterider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
whiterider

Is scouring of the shire gonna be on ROTK

hey does anybody know if the scouring of the shire is gonna be on the new movie, it would be a real heart braker if it wasnt with that being such a big part in the movie.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 12:16 AM
whiterider is currently offline Click here to Send whiterider a Private Message Find more posts by whiterider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

I remember reading somewhere that they were not going to include it in the movie because its a bit on an anticlimax (from a cinematic standpoint) To have a bunch of Large Scale battle sequences to go back to a quaint Shire scene might draw the interest out of the movie for non book fans... (I desperately hope that this isnt true and that the scouring will be in ROTK!)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 01:18 AM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whiterider

i know, i feel the same way as you do, about the stuff and all. but it would be very disappointing if they didnt put that in there

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 01:34 AM
whiterider is currently offline Click here to Send whiterider a Private Message Find more posts by whiterider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

i don't know, maybe peter jackson can come up with a better more suitable ending for the movie.
afterall he did change some part of the story.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 02:25 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambarturion

Well I think Saruman is going to be dealt with pretty early on in ROTK, which would probably mean the scouring won`t be in it. It would be a tall order to fit it in properly with everything else that still needs to happen. I hope it makes it though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 02:49 AM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whiterider

he might be dealt with early but how would that be. do you think that gandalf would fight him again. i know for sure if they do that gandalf would win since he is the white wizard the most powerful wizard out of the 4 remaining trustworthy wizards.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:05 AM
Ambarturion

Either that or Wormtongue stabs him in the back, like pushing him from Orthanc and he falls or something.

It would be nice to see Gandalf get his own back though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:22 AM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i didn't like the scouring of the shire

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 05:40 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote